Old 02-03-2014   #1
Walhalla, South Carolina
Paddling Since: 2011
Someone tell me about the Nano

looking into a new to boat for this season, cant seem to find much feedback on the buzz, any insider info is greatly appreciated

yak_zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #2
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I really liked the look and feel of it, but elected to go with a Burn instead. I haven't talked to anyone that actually owns one. Not sure it sold all that well. I paddled an Ammo before and found it to have many similarities, but with more volume and a more advanced hull design.

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #3
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Similarly, I don't know anyone who has one, but as with any boat I'd say try to sit in it first. I am a Pyranha fan and love my Shiva, but to my surprise I found the Nano very uncomfortable when I sat in one just inside at CKS last year. Both sizes seamed to hold my feet in really odd positions.

I welcome more feedback on that observation though....
Please take a look at my Photo Web Gallery.
I also have here some gear reviews (that I might update soon).
rivervibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #4
Walhalla, South Carolina
thanks a lot, I wanted a burn for a while and still do but I really like the idea of the nano, im in and older I:3 and I love the flat hull but I'm to big for it and its too playful for my skill level and the stern always engages. that's why I like the nano...more room higher volume will still be able to really throw the boat around and get it on edge and then be able to sit on a wave for a little while

the help is much appreciated fellas
Old 02-04-2014   #5
Eagle,CO .... BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I bought the small Nano last spring. I am 5'6" and about 150lbs.
I mainly ran it on the Eagle river at higher flows. I found it to be a fun, stable, predictable boat. It is pretty fast for a shorter boat. Carves nice in and out of eddies but you do have to force it a little bit more than I originally expected. It is also a pretty fun boat to surf. The planing hull and length help with this. This is my first pyranha boat and I found the outfitting to be comfortable. I would feel comfortable taking this boat down most any river in Colorado. Give it a whirl and see what you think.
Ron Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #6
Walhalla, South Carolina
thats pretty much what i was looking for, not really sure what any of those runs look like, ill see if i can find some videos, im a long way from CO but i appreciate the help bud. i'll let you know what i think
Old 02-04-2014   #7
Toyota pickup, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000

You are going to get mixed results unless you try it out yourself. I absolutely love mine. Not as fast as the Shiva but closer to the Burn. Boofs well but like the Ammo or the Scud it can and will chew you up and spit you out if you are off your game. I came out of a stomper for the Nano and I will never look back. It is a stable Class V creeker and good solid IV surf boat. Good luck in the search.
rollo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014   #8
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Paddling Since: 2010
If you are familiar with the Bliss stick line up then the Nano is to the Shiva what the Scud is to the Mystic. Basically a shorter boat maintaining a fair bit of the volume to let it be run in higher water and be super manoeuvrable. The are heeeaaaaps of fun and just lack speed but thats not too much of an issue since the boofing is insane.
NZAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #9
Walhalla, South Carolina
sweet, and the boofing factor does look insane, very excited for that
Old 02-10-2014   #10
Grand Junction, Colorado
I own a Nano Ive mainly taken down shoshone to test it out and I love it did my first 360 in it surfing right after i bought it. I came from a Diesel and wouldnt look back its worth your time I ended up buying some happy cheeks for added comfort hope you get to try one!

flipper42 is offline   Reply With Quote