Old 09-11-2014   #1
Cave Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2014
Small divet/oil can on new Bazooka

Received my new 2014 large bazooka today; a few scratches I can live with; but not sure about the dent near the stern on edge/hull, as shown. Click image for larger version

Name:	oil can.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	8921

I'm interested in any unbiased thoughts regarding if the dent will have any affect on performance or longevity; and would you complain to Fluid or just live with it?

AZ boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #2
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Shouldn't be a major issue in performance, safety or longevity. Should have been marked and priced as a blem. Definitely contact and get them to make it right.

The sunshine walked beside her
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #3
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 93
bummer. Shouldn't have any issues on the performance of the boat or longevity. Glad it came in. They may say that it is a blem model.
topbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #4
4CRS, Durango, Colorado
Probably happend in transit. Put it in the sun, will probably pop out. Should be fine regardless.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #5
Denver,, exhaustion
my buddies came in with a fork left dent.... im guessing yours is a similar issue.
call them and i'm guessing they will send you a new one.

mine had a busted bracket in the outfitting... they sent me a new peice.

great boat but the shipping on it seems to be at least slightly iffy.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #6
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
That is what you get for using FedEx Freight...

A friend of mine has a similar "dent" on his Detox. It is purely cosmetic in that case.
DoubleYouEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014   #7
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
The FedEx guy that delivered mine told me to take it out of the plastic and check it thoroughly before signing anything. It's a good idea - probably not all of them tell their customers, however. Since it's overwhelming likely this was a shipping issue, it's more on you to inspect it before signing than it is on the manufacturer to guarantee that their shipper isn't going to let the boat drop off a loading dock in transit. Although they probably are insured to some degree.

If it were me, I don't think it's worth the hassle. It's a creek boat - you'll pound it a lot worse & it doesn't look to be in spot where performance or longevity would be an issue. That's just my take, though...
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014   #8
Cave Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2014
Thanks all for your input. I did make the delivery driver put damaged on the receipt. I forwarded the receipt to Fluid and they are being responsive; looks like they are going to call it a blem, and give me 10% back.
It didn't take me long to get the snug but not constricted feeling everywhere in the outfitting except the back brace. I'm assuming the separate piece of foam, with 5 holes is supposed to secure the back brace. Has anyone benefitted from installing that?
I'm going to take the boat on her maiden voyage this Sunday: white bridge to Beasley if there are any locals with low water blues that want to join...
AZ boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014   #9
I had the same problem when we received my son's new bazooka, we put it out in the sun for a few hours and it popped right out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

jtp72 is offline   Reply With Quote