Old 08-27-2012   #11
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1966
Originally Posted by yesimapirate View Post
Just curious why the JPW Culebra hasn't made the convo yet. If the wife would let me have a 3rd boat, that's what I'd get.
It has certainly come up in other threads on this subject. Some folks really like it. The one downside that I can recall is that some folks felt that the floor was too high up for them.

johnovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #12
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Jacks plastic Culebra

I own a Culebra and love it. It handles Big water IV and V with ease as well as technical IV/V. It has welded seams and the mank doesn't seem to bother it. I have taken down some stuff that could have torn another boat but mine keeps on ticking. The best boat I have ever purchased.

It is a big shorter and a tiny bit wider then a Shredder. I can surf like no ones business but also bust through big holes that want to hold you.

MightyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #13
Kernville, California
Paddling Since: 1975
Orginal post by Randaddy
"The Shredder is way more durable. The Hyside Paddle Cat is made of their Rio Bravo material and is not their outfitter quality. It's a sweet boat, but IMHO you have to get the one, the only, the original batmobile of the river. Black Shredder."

Just want to clear this up. The Rio Bravo series has long been discontinued due to inconsistencies in quality. No Hyside is currently made in China, they are all produced in South Korea, at the same factory we've used for the last 30 years. That said, the new PaddleCats come more sleek and seamless than the ones previously made in China. They are made of 1680 denier Hypalon, come in various colors (usually Blue and yellow unless you Pre-Season), and come standard with Urethane bottom chafers. The 2012 PaddleCat has a reinforced bail hole section with larger bail holes. Hope this helps!!
Hyside Inflatables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #14
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002

I have a paddle cat and love it !!!

love2ski2fast is offline   Reply With Quote