Old 07-09-2009   #1
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 2007
should i drill more holes in my frame?

first of all i'm a newb. just bought a 10 year old 13' cat made by aire. i'm 6' 5" and about a foot taller than the guy i bought it from. i took it out for the 1st time last weekend... f'ing awesome finally having my own setup... it felt fine when i was rowing normally but a couple times when i really had to dig in i had to sit on the top of my high back seat so i could use my legs as effective bracing. is this a sign that my seat is too far foward? also there is already 2 sets of holes in the seat rails,1 set that are currently used and another that the previous owner's "dumbass" buddy had drlled. i don't wanna drill another set if it will fuck up the integrity of the frame. like i said i felt pretty comfortable most of the time but this is my first time behind the oars so i really have no basis for comparison.
__________________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #2
Kalispell, Montana
went and checked seats out a little closer and holy hell they're adjustable... guess it helps to look for the easy solution 1st...
__________________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #3
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Great, good job! Have fun cat-boating. What kind of Aire?

If you're a foot taller, you'll probably want seat somewhere about 3-4-6" further back. Depending on the length of his legs, and yours.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #4
Kalispell, Montana
i took it back about 6" i'll see how that works this weekend and go from there... it's older but i think it's most comparable to the ocelot or lion 14... all i know for certain is i've taken it out once and i'm jonesin' for more... damn workweek is offline   Reply With Quote