Old 09-27-2011   #1
Riverton, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Self-bailing floor addition

Ok, this may be completely crazy.

I've got an older Riken 16' Navaho raft. Tubes are in great condition, floow is a mess. Its a bucket boat, but I have seen a couple that have had self bailing floors laced in.

Anyone got any experience with such an upgrade. I can do the lace in myself I'm pretty sure, but where would I get a floor for it? Would the cost be crazy?

Any info, thoughts appreciated.

DanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #2
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Yes you are crazy but I have seens floors for sale here and at NRS gear for around $400. Thats about a cheep as I have seen a new glue in floor. Most manufactures will sell you a floor at a price. Inflatible technologies would work with you. I'd keep my eye open and post wanted adds. one will show up. Its a big but doable project if you have the time and space.

dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #3
Colorado Springs Paddling Since: 1983
I have an old 16' Riken bucket boat that was in great shape so I had Inflatable Technologies put a 4" drop-stitch floor in it. It was simply glued to the old floor with perimeter drain holes added. It works fine. Adding a manufactured laced floor looked to be very difficult to do since most modern boats seem to be quite a bit wider than old Rikens. So far it's been a good investment for us and saved us $1,000's.
Mike Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #4
welch, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1976
well this may surprise all you rafters but contact Miravia rafts and see what they have in the storage room . I have a 20 ft raft and they have a bunch of 18ft self baling floors that they said they would in stall one in my raft for around 1000 dollars . I am shipping the raft to them in Oct .
Just a thought
ranchman44 is offline   Reply With Quote