Old 10-22-2012   #1
Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
Seat position for New Mambas?

Have the 8.6 and I weigh bet 205-210 lbs.Any suggested seat position at this wt for optimal performance?Will not be doing any vertical stuff yet, just low grad.,upto about 80ft /mile stuff.

Also, how exactly does moving the seat in a boat of this much volume actually affect it.

JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #2
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
i have a nomad and i think just far enough forward that your skirt isnt wrinkled in the back is perfect.

Skillkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #3
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I paddle the same boat but only weigh 145. I like the seat all the way up and find it more responsive that way only because the edges start at the front and taper out in the back. I dont know how much it's going to change the trim. If you can be all the way up and the boat still looks like it's sitting flat then i recommend that. I like to be able to reach as far forward as i can in a boat so long and thats how I've paddled it on hard WW. figure out what works for you, but thats my stance.

Congrats on the awesome boat purchase!
ChasetheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #4
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Jimmy, moving the seat around will affect the overall trim (bow/stern) of the boat. If you typically paddle with no gear in the back of your boat, having it centered or slightly back is alright, as long as you aren't sinking the stern. Get a friend to have a look at you while you in your boat in a pool, lake or whatever and see how it floats with the seat position you have now, then based on what they see adjust the seat forward or back to level out the boat.

Like Chase mentioned before, having the seat forward slightly or all the way, will allow you to be able to drive the Mamba because of the new edge profile, vs. just paddling and reacting to what the boat does.

Also having seen the boat in action (Chase's specifically) it is not only fast, but picks up where the old Mamba was lacking. It will be a good boat for progressing with in the Northeast/New England area.
DoubleYouEss is offline   Reply With Quote