Old 07-31-2010   #1
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Riot Outfitting Questions

Background: New to the forum, been whitewater rafting since I was little, just starting to get serious about kayaking... I took a couple kayak classes when I started college 5 years ago, and have had only a handful of actual on-river day-trips in nothing more than class II\-III since then. 5'11" 155lbs mid-20's

This summer I bought a used Riot Booster 55 and I have been trying to find any info about the outfitting. It has what I would guess would be the "powerseat" (adjustable front/back, looks like fake carbon fiber, ass-molded), with a nice padded ratchet backrest, same pads on the hips and the ratchet thigh braces. I feel like I've read somewhere that the Booster also came with ratchet-style foot pegs, but alas mine just has the typical previous-user-shaped foam foot-blocks. If it is possible I would like to get my hands on a pair of those foot pegs to really snug me into the boat.

I've searched Riot's site and found no info on the Booster (no surprise there really with an old boat), so... does anybody have any info on these foot-pegs(do they exist?), or a resource to turn to regarding Riot outfitting in general? Riot doesn't have a dealer in Utah, but I'm tempted to call one in CO.

Otherwise, what are some of the better foot-systems out there? My neighborhood store sells Jackson boats and they look to have some inflatable system - any feedback on that? Could I rig that into my boat?

I know that was long, but thanks for any help!

tannerzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #2
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
I have had a couple Riot boats, a Air I got because it was cheap and I bought a new Magnum because I love the design. You probably are not going to have much luck contacting Riot directly. Right after I bought my Magnum they went belly up. Since then I think they have reorganized and moved to China but from what I am hearing they are screwing over their dealers. SO, I think third party is probably your best bet. Personally I think your best bet would be sticking with just the foam. Jackson stuff is you love it or hate it, I hate it myself but you might love it. I don't know what is around you but go into a quality kayak specific shop and they should be able to help you outfit it comfortably.

Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #3
Park City/ Buena Vista, Utah/Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I have a Riot Air 60, with the ratchet foot bar. You can have it all for 300. I am in Park City....
rippnskier is offline   Reply With Quote