Old 06-10-2009   #11
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by catboatingstorey View Post
Just picked up my new 15'6 SOTAR Legend Cat. What a sweet experience working with everyone down at SOTAR! Could not have asked for a better buying experience and people to work with. Everything was built custom exactly how we wanted it, all the way down to the drink holders on the frame... One of the best looking boats on the river in my opinion... however it is my boat so of course I would think that. Cheryl and the crew down there were awesome.
Let us know how you like it. I've heard that some people don't like the Legend in those longer lengths, due to the long water line compared to other similar length boats. But to each his own, and I'm not sure those opinions are based on actually rowing the bigger legend, or just theory. I'll be in the market for a larger cat someday soon, 15 or 16' and the Wave Destroyer is the other "potential" so far (much shorter water line though). I LOVE my 12' 6" guy!

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #12
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002

I own 2 SOTAR IK's - I have to say that I love them. I had a issue with the thwarts on both boats - but SOTAR took care it with new thwarts - no problems -

I work as a guide and my company has two SOTARS in the fleet - They both work well and have held up well to.

Sorry but I can think of no reason not to own a SOTAR.

But NRS makes good stuff too.

love2ski2fast is offline   Reply With Quote