Old 08-01-2011   #1
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1955
Pyranha Loki

Does anybody know what is happening with the Pyranha Loki. It was supposed to be available early spring. Rumor has it that the first production boats were tested and universally disliked by the Pyranha test team and that it is being re-designed. The Pyranha website is listing the Loki as "coming attraction". I e-mailed Pyranha but am not getting a reply. Does anyone have the real scoop?

kayakfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011   #2
We have heard that the release date will be this fall and will get details this weekend at the Outdoor Retailer show in Salt Lake. I will make a post when we get the details.

bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #3
Columbus, Indiana
Anyone have any beta on the Loki now that it's released?

It looks kind of like an old wavesport ez. Have they improved the comfort? That EZ was aweful comfort wise.

And how is it now that they've switched from their standard tucked vortex rail to a single chine rail? Is it really nicer? Because it looks like it might just be a cost cutting change rather than a performance upgrade. Who knows with marketing these days. Anyone with some real world beta?
seedubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #4
Columbus, Indiana

Anybody demo this yet? I'm interested to hear some thoughts on this boat. There's not much out there about it. Is it a dud?
seedubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #5
Robbinsville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1998
Pyranha Loki

Hey all!

For those wondering about the Loki, it is sick! I have had multiple opportunities to paddle the Loki and am more impressed each time I get in the boat. For those looking to stern squirt, splat or rock spin, there is no better boat. If you are looking for an old school feel, jump in the Loki for down stream fun with new school comfortable outfitting.

As for the first production "dislike" from Team Pyranha, I have not heard that rumor being on the inside. Pyranha did decide to make the boat a bit more playful than the original design and that may be where the confusion comes from. We personally have had the opportunity to paddle the Loki on the Watauga, Tallulah, Nantahala, and a few other runs. The Loki allows you to take your back yard runs and step them up to the next level, working on your down stream play and taking the river to its advantage.

On a wave the Loki surfs like a champ! Surfing, spins, and cartwheels come with ease in the Loki. With the slightest current you can stand the boat up on end and ride stern squirts for as long as you want. Down stream play will become your new favorite passion.

Multiple sizes are still in the works for Pyranha. For now if you are vertically challenged, like myself it might benefit you to move the seat forward. If you are 5'9'' or below moving the seat forward will allow you to achieve maximum performance, depending on your weight. Jump in the boat and get a fill for yourself. Again, sizes are still in the works and more details will follow.

Paddling a Loki is like jumping in a time machine. If you have the opportunity to paddle one, don't hesitate. Visit your local retailer and jump in a demo. Let us know what you think.

Working on getting a short video available. Attached is a picture of Clay Lucas on Oceana Falls, Tallulah River. Photo by: Kelsey Hatcher

Ty & Brad Caldwell
Team Pyranha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	477442_10101324074760410_4921952_67463166_1829497285_o.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	621.3 KB
ID:	4690  
caldwelltb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012   #6
CKS has some of the Loki's in demo. Free demo week end coming up too

Free Demo Centers | CKS PaddleFest 2012
bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #7
Robbinsville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1998
Here is a quick video of the Loki, produced by Tommy P! Hope you enjoy!
caldwelltb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #8
. ., Kairotic
XXX--the original time machine

I just bought a 1999 WaveSport XXX for $50.00 at a kayak swap. The plastic is bomber and, amazingly, even with size 10 feet I fit "comfortably." The Loki looks sweet, but don't forget that there are plenty of original time machines covered in dust just waiting for a chance to get wet again.
fullmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #9
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2005
Anybody want to comment on the sizing of the Loki M? I am on the uppper weight range of the M but am mostly concerned about foot room.

hialtitude is offline   Reply With Quote