Old 05-24-2012   #11
LVM here too, cheaper options but it is fast and rebuild-able if any part of it breaks you can repair it which I like versus the cheap stuff. I’ve seen cheaper versions of same thing out there if you search though. Downside is they are freakin loud! Literally only takes a couple minutes to do a 14’ boat though.

As far as extension cord, just go to BatteriesPlus or whatever you have and get a battery. 7 to 12 amp 12v batteries are light and small and rechargeable. Portable power and you can go several inflate/deflate cycles before needing to recharge.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012   #12
Bailey, Colorado
Rule iD20 Marine Rule Inflator/Deflator is what I bought. Same inflator as LVM but a lot lower cost. I think they are both made by Jabsco a subsidiary of ITT Corporation. When I did my research about a year ago, the stats and specs on both pumps were identical.

</SPAN>Rule LVM High Speed Inflator/Deflator [RUL-ID20] - $95.00 : Inflatable Boat Dealer Specializing in Zodiac, Avon, Bombard, Maxxon, Inflatable Boat Parts, Inflable Boat Accessories Rule iD20 Marine Rule Inflator/Deflator: Sports & Outdoors

If you are going to rig up an extension cord to power your inflator, use at least #12 gauge cord as the voltage drop really affects high fast the inflator runs.

Beaver Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off