View Poll Results: Does your EZG have the same cracks?
Yes 10 58.82%
No 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2005   #11
No we have had CKS take very good care of us. Our new boats ship on 12/9/05!

EZGSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #12
ezg holes

since reading these posts i checked my ezg and found out that i have the exact same holes. i have no warranty since i bought a demo 2nd hand (only a total 4 months old) so will have to do a weld.

paddyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005   #13
Check your new ones when you get them. I got mine replaced and the new one had similar holes already in it.
Old Fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005   #14
Here's a pic of what mine looks like:

Seems like mine is the first one Boulder Outdoor Center has had to deal with.

Hey Old Fart, that really sucks! I feel for ya
JimiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #15
If you buy a used boat are all warranties null and void? I just bought a used one, only used twice by the seller, (but I guess usage doesn't matter from what I'm hearing) and I haven't seen it in person yet. My friend picked it up for me today and said it looked great, though he's not aware of this issue. I'm hoping of course that it is fine.

If it does have a crack, or a bubble would WS do anything for me? It seems that a company like WS would do something under these conditions...a material flaw common to a large percentage of boats, used or not. Any thoughts, or am I up a creek with a crack? Should I find out where it was originally purchased for any reason?

Loaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #16

i bought a 2nd hand demo ezg 60 and discovered 2 holes on the rim. the boat was only 2 x months old and showed no signs of wear. I contacted wavesport several times and the official line i got was warranty doesn't apply for the following reasons:
It is a second hand demo boat. There is no hinderance to the performance of the boat, or the boats structure due to the location of the holes.The holes are easily repairable. a demo boat is A sub par boat that is still suitable to paddle so people can get a feel of how a boat will handle so that they will in turn buy one.We also very clearly state on our warranty information that boats are warranted only to the origional purchaser.
As much as i was dissappointed and still am, i have to add that wavesport sent me plastic for welding.
paddyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #17
Thanks for the info Paddyak. I was curious as to their mindset, considering how widespread the problem seems to be. That is really cool that they sent you repair supplies though. I'd totally be happy with that, if it ever comes to it.

Loaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #18
Electrical Tape

My blue 60 developed a lot of cracks but electrical tape kept it totally dry. The tape never seems to come off and you can even get it in a number of colors. I had a solid blue boat and you could hardly notice the blue tape on it. I only needed to do this a month or so because WS and Wilderness Voyagers in Ohiopyle did a great job of handling it. Got a new boat in December.

Riverhog is offline   Reply With Quote