Old 02-15-2004   #1
Prijon comparison - please share!

I've been boating an Alien for awhile and am looking to purchase another Prijon playboat. Can any share a comparison for:

Alien vs. Delerium vs. Delerius vs. LUV

Voyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004   #2
Skip at least to the delirium if you can fit into it. The feet are very small but a good slicey boat. Great for spins and flat water cartwheels. It will not open up the big air moves. For that you would need a machine is their latest boat but still seems a bit back from the edge. Depending on size the space cadet (larger) or pocket rocket( smaller), Kingpin is going to open up more of the aerial tricks like loops and air Blunts.

If you just want to stay with prijon then get the latest because in the new boats loops are not that hard and soooooo much fun.

friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004   #3
Stundent/raft guide
Send a message via MSN to JKB
A comparison between alien, delerium, delerious and Luv. The alien is a much older play boat. It's hard to throw down as well as roll compared to newer playboats. The Luv came next in line. It is an improvement of the alien but still is hard to move around. The delerious is next. It is a great slicey playboat. It you are looking for a boat that you can learn to flatwater cartwheel or play in wholes with this is it. The delerium the last on you list falls short of all the new play boats out there. it is simiply to fat to throw down. The new boats are the release and the fever. The release is the best playboat that prijon has put out to date. it is easy to learn in and can do all the new tricks. I haven't paddled the fever yet but it looks like a slicey boat that you can throw. If you can't afford a new boat see if you can find an old delerious. It is a fun boat. Well, that's my two bits.
Peace, Joe B
When I was a boy I was told anybody could become president. Now I'm beginning to believe it. -Clarence Darrow
JKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004   #4
prijon comparisons

I've been paddling a Delirous as my main boat for the last three years. Quite the pain machine, even with the foot bumps. Definately wear booties. If you like to cartwheel that is the boat to do it in. I've found nothing easier. It's stable on the end and extremely easy to throw down as well as a good surfer and all around ass kicker. Unfortunatly, I rubbed holes in the ends from bashing it on rocks too many times. Stupid Golden playhole.

I tried the Release on a play run of the Numbers and Fractions. For the two days I used it I really liked it as a possible replacement for a Delirious. I didn't have the same problems as other spud boats I huge ends, got stopped in every hole, unbalanced. Quite fun for my size: 6' 0" 160 lbs. The only gripe I had with it was that the outfitting tried to rub a hole in my back and the new thigh braces suck. The new outfitting looks better but I'd just rip it out and replace it with the old stuff.

The delirium was way to big for me. I tried a glass prototype in a pool and the only fun it offered was in mystery move competitions after I filled it completely with water. The friends of mine who used it in the river had wierdnesses like popped skirts in the play park due to the wierdly shaped cockpit. Generally they seemed to have a really bad time.

Haven't really tried any of the other playboats. The prototype of the fever I saw about two years ago looked pretty cool, but that's all I saw of it.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote