Old 04-04-2009   #11
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Originally Posted by brendodendo View Post
second opinion is that oar right are for sissies. But that a whole other thread.
Please start that thread! It will just get going and then someone like cosurfgod will jump in and say rowing is for sissies.

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #12
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
so on the oarlocks - I like the NRS superstron

NRS Superston Open Oarlocks

since they don't really bend much and you don't have to do any whanging or mousing.

the oar will come out if it really needs to.

the only problem i have had an oar get stuck halfway out which isn't too fun til you whang it back in. at least you don't have wizard sleeve loose oarlocks all the time.

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #13
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977

Now that CoSG has a tyke, He's just going to become a rubber pusher. It's called evolution, well maybe not evolution, but survival of the fittest. At least in terms of family togetherness. Wait... Last Westy he was in the raft, so it's already started. I have pics to prove it.
Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #14
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991

I have used the posi-lock oar locks from PRE for 5 years now and I really like them. To me, they have all of the advantages of open locks and then some. The fit to the sleeve/oar right is excellent as is the range of motion and oar keepers are a thing of the past. While they are overkill for most situations they have their place. As with everything it is a matter of personal preference but I suspect that they would be the ticket for the person in your inquiry. Just have her contact PRE and they can give her the scoop on these and fix her up with a pair if she chooses.
Ever_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #15
SE, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1986
Whang That Mouse!

Having survived Laura's diabolical sense of humor , I have a pleasantly stupid question.

Working in the gear biz, I got used to LowePro (camera cases, etc.) and kept spelling it that way when referring to the NRS frame fittings, that are actually LoPro (according to the NRS website).

In catalogs, I've seen Strong oarlocks, Superstrong oarlocks, and Superston oarlocks. Are these the same thing?

Chip is offline   Reply With Quote