Old 10-03-2011   #21
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Stop being a bunch of pussies and go run that shit! Oh, and don't grab your nuts after the portage... thanks Professor.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #22
Austin, Texas
Paddling Since: 1990
Zanfel is the shit if you get PI! It is over the counter. The only thing that sucks about it is it is $50.00 an oz. BUT, it works every time.

liquidphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #23
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by tj@cu View Post
Poison ivy doesn't spread once you wash the original oil off
Lots of docs say that. I have proven otherwise too often to believe it. I think Teletumbler's position is spot on.

Maybe most people are not sensitive enough to get spreading from the oils in a blister's puss, but I know beyond a reasonable doubt that I do.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #24
crested butte, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
.......ivy protection.....

....yo, banks.....dawn dishwasher soap, the shit....bring a small hotel sized bottle of it....a super thin layer is all you need(ankles, hips, below the eyes on the face and on a thin layer on the paddle)...a portage suit sucks because it allows you to get lazy in there, and soak up more oil....might as well wear a suit made of paper towels!!!!!! fuck that....i have worn shorts only(no protection) on 45+ runs in MONTROSE COUNTRY.....the only place i get it is were i get scratched by rocks or sticker bushes....and thats ok...i have developed a likin' for the itch....back in the day i used to bring popsickle sticks to piss with.... and to avoid the MONSTROSITY SYNDROME....once the itch arrives you can quickly get rid of it by the use of clorox bleach......never tried technu, never will......i've never washed my gear at cave camp either...instead, i've developed a style of yoga....MONTOSE avoidance skills are impeccable.....but you will have it hit you in the face.....wearing gear in the portage also readies you for heat exhaustion and dehydration.....then you have to run some shit feeling subpar.....on a side note, it's fall now so the "heat factor" is slowly slippin''s good all the way til the last week in november....people used to get poison ivy riding in my vehicle....i've tried to grow it in the butte, as a house plant.....too high up is the color.....dawn is the brand that is most trused in MONTOSE COUNTRY......when are you going and can i join you guys?.....milozadik wishecouldski 420 cb........
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #25
Boulder, Colorado
I think as you itch your local reaction will worsen but I have never seen anyone get it from someone else. Milo 15th and 16th lets talk
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011   #26
crested butte, Colorado
.......flows.... got word from the men in green.....flows dropping to 600cfs starting mid oct....will stay at 600 til mid november when they push it back up to 1000+ cfs.....dec 1, flows will increase again to drop blue mesa res levels for winter.....not sure if the weather will hold out for this weekend....i'll get ahold of you later the DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE race again....fukin scarey getting the death wobbles at 30+ mph on chip seal with no pads at all.....i used a crossman BB gun for the target shooting portion as it was a biathalon this year(others used mac 10's, shotguns, 22's)....a pro skateboarder showed up with a long board.....he was fast as shit but i was not about to loose my trophy....i went for a "Bodie Miller tuck" and blew his shit out.....i told myself it would only hurt for a couple of months if i went down!!!!we are calling the blades "vegetable boots" because i am not gay(fruit boots).....oh yeh, kayaking is fun....go kayaking....have a good roll and a proper fitting helmet and pfd......milozadik
Old 10-06-2011   #27
Ashville North Carolina, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Thanks Milo, Dawn Blue is what I will get. I paddled Gore today with Craig, He had poison ivy on his face. Technu failure? or application failure? Planning on going in soon, you are welcome to join, I will let you know when. I want to try two laps in two days sometime. I've got the perfect wheelchair setup with a 50 caliber for the dig your own grave race; If they will even let me compete.
~Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #28
crested butte, Colorado
......"dig your own grave"....

.....wanna join you guys....have not "lived up to my potential" as gary e. would always, i will be conservative....less than 10 days this year due to injuries....but i want my 3 runs to get me to a career total of 50, then i can throw in the far as the DYOG race, i'll run it thru the board at the next meeting(tonight).....wheelchair?=nasty.....50cal=o verkill maybe? got a year to pull it together....ivy face=pizza face......milozachump 420cb
Old 10-14-2011   #29
Boulder, Colorado
Mid 700's hope it holds through the weekend, best level to fire the shit! O and the best way to not get poison ivy is to stay at river level bitches. Milo we are gonna be down at chukar tonight if you change your mind and want to get in there.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011   #30
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Come on milo, all the years of trying to get me there, and I'm in w/ Tom this weekend. I want to see you slipping around in blue soap!

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote