Old 04-12-2016   #11
littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
I am a scuba instructor so I would rather be on top of the water...maybe it is my body just going where it normally goes....will work on it...I hope.

colo4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016   #12
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2002
Still got my eye out for the last Superstar. I'd love a little more play-ability than the 4Fun but don't need the performance of the Rockstar. I was bummed when Jackson put more legroom in the Star Series then discontinued it after 1 year. I haven't tried the newest Rockstar yet, anyone want to comment on how it runs the river vs. the previous model? The one I demoed a few years back was very squirrely running the river...

jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016   #13
Dallas, Texas
Paddling Since: 2007
I've got a 2010 Super Star I will be looking to part with. It's used pretty good so i would be looking for 200.00. I will be relocating to Littleton the first of June. Feel free to PM me!

I sit at 200lbs with a 34 inseam ad it was the first playboat i was comfortable in that I've owned. I just got a 2016 rockstar, but haven't had to chance to float it to tell you main differences...
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016   #14
You might consider the Freeride 67. It is a pretty playful river runner. I know some larger people who paddle it and like it. I paddled the 57 and thought that the speed and looseness on waves was great. It was in Glenwood at high water but it accelerated down the wave like no other. I did not paddle it in a hole. You are not going to be pushing the envelope on McNasties, and such but comfort is great. The large stern will support you at the end of rapids.

That said I paddled all the high end playboats last year. The New Rockstar was the best all around. They narrowed it up which makes it less like paddling a cork downstream. I bought a Large Jed just because it loops huge and is fast on a wave and got a killer deal on it. Paddling it downstream you would find yourself tripping over the edges.
friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016   #15
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2002
Thanks Ripper, I don't fit in the 2010 comfortably. I know they added legroom in the last SuperStar in 2013 I think. Good for you for heading west! I hope to demo the new Rockstar this summer...
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016   #16
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Ripper, I fired you off a PM about that superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

DoubleYouEss is offline   Reply With Quote