Old 05-03-2009   #41
Steamboat Springs, CO
Paddling Since: 1995
Got my brella on ebay, one u-bolt, some wing nuts and some creativity, I was able to vector the supports almost 90 degrees and out of the way. The umbrella sits on a ball joint so it can be positioned and locked at almost any angle.

Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #42
Orem, Utah
Send a message via Yahoo to Marlon Ifthikar
Wow that is nice rubber boat, it would be nice to float in a river with that thing and sip your cold drink. Well, I don't know about bolts and things. Thanks

Nashville Limousine
Marlon Ifthikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #43
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2006
Thanks for all the information and especially the photos. I just got back from the Grand and had a great time. My boat wasn't nearly as tricked out as all of yours, but it will be for the next time.
atg200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #44
Mt Hood, Oregon
Same umbrella setup!!!!!!!!!Thought we were unique!!

Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
Im mostly doing this to bump Yeti's 1000th post, lol, errr. congrats.

My rig has not been on the Grand yet, but she will be soon and this is how I am rollin! I will have a Tuff River Stuff "Everything Bag" eventually.

Never mind the sick snow we just got...

The rig is pretty much, "outta the shop DRE gear" I was very happy too. I picked up the frame et al. and went to the SALT river for a test run. They did a great job getting me on the river, it was "almost" perfect. Tweak here and there and BAM, were Grand Baby!

COOOOL. We rigged the same umbrella setup several years ago on our 14 ft Maravia. We thought we were so clever. Its the best and holds up FAB in the breezes that blow. Ours is blue. Great that it can swivel. We rig a second beach umbrella in the front over the front bench using a cascade outfitters umbrella holder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0189.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1563  

eastcreek is offline   Reply With Quote