Old 06-16-2011   #1
Paddle Distribution Opportunity

I have a German friend who has a paddle company which is pretty popular in Europe but is not distributed in the US. He wants me to help him distribute in the US but I have no time. If anyone is super motivated, familiar with the paddlesports industry and wants to build a business this could be a good opportunity. I am putting it out here if anyone wants to have an independent company just between you and the manufacturer to import these paddles. It will not be a paycheck job, but could turn into good income if you sell a lot of paddles. I ran a Financial analysis and figured you would need to sell about 900 paddles to make it worth it.

They have a cool carbon paddle for $295 so it has a position in the market. I have 2 boxes of 20 Carbon Paddles at my house that I can ship you if you are serious about it. You will pretty much need to get rolling on it to ramp up the brand for OR. Sounds like there is credit available from the factory so if you import them you would have the summer to pay for them as they sell. However, like any importer, you would be purchasing the paddles, marking them up and selling them. So you would need to be comfortable committing to buying hundreds of paddles with the idea of selling them to shops and such. I have not used the paddles much so I can't vouch too much on quality but some of the top Europeans like Olaf Obsommer (adidas Sickline: Olaf Obsommer) and Anton Immler (6th at grand Prix) are using them. From my investigations it sounds like they had some quality problems their first year but have a very solid product for 2 years now. We can warehouse and ship the paddles, but you will need to do all sales and service.

Before you respond, your success or failure have nothing to do with me, I am not involved in any way beyond recommending you to the company, so if you make serious cash you don't have to buy me a beer and if it does'nt work out, you can't bitch to me. Overall an interesting opportunity in paddlesports, they have a nice touring paddle line too that is part of the deal and could take off. I think the right person who is super motivated could do something with it. I would definitely do it but my time is maxed out already. The main task is really building the brand and what it stands for to the Consumer. If you don't establish what your brand is all about, and what people wearing it are saying to the world, you are hopeless. Cool product, seems like the right person could do well.

email me if interested info at
craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote