Old 06-08-2009   #11
Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Drain holes

Originally Posted by panicman View Post
I also got a paddlecat and was wondering what is the best way to cut more drain holes or make them bigger with out tearing stuff up. ALso looking at building a little frame for rowing. So far it is a blast.

Hey Panic and other paddle cat owners
I talked to Richard at Hyside a couple of day ago and he said that punching holes on the sides of the cockpit was the way to go. The fabric is 2 ply there and will be less likely to rip after being punched. He said there are two ways that he thought you could go about it. First was to get a grommet set with a 1 inch punch, the other was to find a piece of 1 inch pipe that is sharpened on one end back it up with wood (or something comparable) and whack it with a hammer.

I am going to talk to my uncle who is in the steel business and see if I can borrow one of his punches. I will probably put for holes in each side at 1/4 intervals. I will let you know how it goes...

grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009   #12
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Did they mention updating their design to include this if it is such a popular request?

It takes a big man to cry...It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

-Jack Handy
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off