Obscure Creek Boats - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-19-2016   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Obscure Creek Boats

While scouring the web for info on the next creek boat I want to purchase I stumbled upon some pretty interesting brands. Does anybody know anything about EXO kayaks specifically the XT Creek or Six? Also what has anyone heard about Corran Addison's new company Soul Waterman? I'm interested in the Acid Drop, Booty Call, and the Chaos Monkey.

Thanks

CB4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2016   #2

SLC, Utarr
Paddling Since: 08
there's an (Portland?) Oregon shop carrying the Soul Waterman boats and possibly his new SUP.

Exo is not terribly obscure. they have some serious financial backing and appear to be a big player in the Euro market. boatertalk always has one or two used creekers and that blue playboat bangin around it gear forum. Saw a six up in East Idaho craigslist. I expect they simply don't have much for distribution in the west yet as the only signs I see of them trying to enter the market are on the ice coast.
they put a lot of work into their creekers and river runners. no experience running them but looking forward to someone makin JK and Dagger up their design risk a little. (I def dig on new and interesting designs like what LL is often throwing down for).

You wanna look for obscure boats look at GuiGui's beauties or Corran Addison's sit on top park and play thing. Now that's some wild stuff.
themechanicnotthetool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Just received my Booty Call from Soul Waterman this week. Can't wait to take it out.
Old 11-19-2016   #4
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
What is your impression of the outfitting firsthand?
Old 12-05-2016   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Overall it seems really solid. I like the lack of foam pillars and the seat is a good shape. There is one ratchet for tightening the backband located behind it, I have only ever had two above the thighs. The thigh braces rotate which is nice, a feature I have only ever seen on bliss stick boats. The foot brace gives a decent amount which I am a fan of and it adjusts easily with a system of pins. My one complaint are the clips that hold the backband to the back of the boat. They are similar to the clips that come on gloves to attach them together and I am afraid they will break and they are a bit annoying to deal with.

Overall super stoked about the boat, I will follow up when I get it out on the water.