Old 08-31-2009   #11
poncha springs, Colorado
i like mine i use it for commercial fishing and personal, never done an overnight with it, but i'm sure i could. it's very agile.compared to alot of others i've rowed it's had some up-grades like polyurathane sprayed on the bottom and some extra d- rings...tings like that...the only thing i don't like is i tend to poke more holes in it than i think i would would if i had a little thicker skin...but like i say...i use it to i'm constantly asking alot from it...getting it into alot of places that most folks intentionally stay out of. but all in all no complaints

kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #12
Thronton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Add another Otter owner to the list. I also have the 14L X 7W Otter, and love it so far. I added a few D-rings for rigging, but other than that, it's perfect for me. I've done 1 overnight trip with it so far, and it held enough gear for me and my family. Granted, I went with a group, so we didn't have all the gear I'd need to do it alone, but I think I can still get enough of the other stuff (didn't take a firepan, stove or toilet) on it to make over night trips work just fine.

For day trips, which I did a lot more of this year, it was perfect. Stable enough to feel safe and comfortable when the kids are with us, yet small enough to get a good ride on class III stuff.

I think if you are looking for a 14 raft, you can't really go wrong with the Otter (either width probably).

BoilermakerU is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off