Old 07-06-2009   #1
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
NRS & Customer Service

Greetings all,
I just wanted to write here, and mention NRS and their ABSOLUTELY FRIGGING AWESOME customer service.

I have had several dealings with NRS involving returns or just a question about what to buy, and they have been fantastic each time I have called them.

Todays call was about the NRS Barrel pump that I bought about 8 months or so ago, blew an O-Ring out over the weekend. No problem said I - there is a spare that these fantastic people stick into the bottom of the barrel.

I open it up, and one of the retention brackets that the O-Ring clips to was broken. DAMN! I call NRS Speak with Nick, 15 minutes later I have a prepaid UPS Shipping label waiting for me in my inbox. All I have to do is box it up and send it to them.

Thank you NRS, service like that is why I am happy to part with many hundreds of $$ to you.

skyegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #2
Christopher Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1969
While I am not happy parting with those hundreds of $$ spent on equipment and I do shop price, I agree 100% that NRS is a quality outfit that not only sells good gear, they back it to the hilt.

fdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #3
carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
have to agree, i have dealt with nrs for years now and they are definitely the best.
very helpful and easy.
onefatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #4
Mt Hood, Oregon
customer service

Have to agree with the NRS service. Even offered us a free return on items that didn't work out.
Cascade Outfitters in Boise is fabulous also. We called while on the road to the San Juan from Oregon about shop hours. They close at 4 pm on Saturday.
We thought we would just sneak in before 4, however, didn't think about the Mountain time change that occurs in eastern Oregon. Called at 345 their time and they put our order under the recycle bin for us to pick up at 430.
Thank you to our associate, his name started with a T.
eastcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #5
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
you guys are all ga ga and yes the customer service is exceptional but some of the products fail sooner than they should. be careful and read reviews of each product before purchase.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #6
Edwards, Colorado
I agree that NRS has consistently good customer service. I'll shop there when product selection or sales prices warrant. And customer service is critical to me. When I get sub standard service, whether in a restaurant, a shop, I don't go back. Now, no soapbox here, and I don't work in retail, but I believe it is also really important to support local businesses, particularly locally owned gear and kayak shops. For many reasons. We've all read about how dollars spent locally recirculate in the community. In these economic conditions this is essential to the vitality of our small communities (FC, Boulder and Denver included, although not that small). These shops are also the guys that sponsor events, rally support and $$'s for play park construction, teach kids, put on safety classes and on and on....

The internet and a credit card is the easy button, but the local shop can also provide great service and products with a little human interaction thrown in.
SBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #7
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by SBlue View Post
The internet and a credit card is the easy button, but the local shop can also provide great service and products with a little human interaction thrown in.
Many local shops will special order NRS stuff, then the local shop gets the retail profit, and you usually pay no shipping.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #8
Mt Hood, Oregon
Exactly supporting my comment. when you live hundreds of miles away from a "local shop" or have had horrendous customer service from a "local" shop you return to where customer service reigns.
Its really hard to have a kid in a local shop treat me, an experienced rafter, as a second class citizen or someone just not cool enough. I have the financial resources to keep my money where it should go. It should not be a hierarchy, but a cohesive group of river users. Certainly, local is good but remember exceptional customer service goes beyond placing my order and taking my moola. I don't go back for thirds when the second wasn't better than the first.

eastcreek is offline   Reply With Quote