Old 05-19-2016   #11
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by co_bjread View Post
I second the notion that boats multiply in the garage. I started with one free play boat a few years back, and some how it has spawned 6 other kayaks (couple river runners and a few duckies). So if you get into it, you will probably find them reproducing in the garage.

As for the WW vs lake issue, I have found that I can have an enjoyable time paddling my river runners around large ponds and small lakes for 2-3 hour trips. When we 1st got into kayaking, I thought the LL Remix XP would be the ideal boat for many of the same reasons you have. In retrospect, I am much happier that we have the river runners instead. Rivers are just more fun. It won't surprise me if I look in the garage one day, and find 2 touring boats were conceived, but having that addition would be better as a quiver than the one boat that doesn't do anything well.

Just my $0.02
They do indeed multiply when you aren't looking. I started 20 years ago with a 10 foot Outcast mini cat for fishing. Took it down Alpine Canyon and got hooked on whitewater. Since then I've had 3 different catarafts, a 12 foot raft, and now a 14 foot raft. Last summer I got a Necky kayak for touring. I'm ok in class I with the kayak, but I still have my mini cat for class I-II weekend/ultralight trips & fishing. Good thing I have a big garage and a storage shed. Been drooling over longer/lighter touring kayaks lately. Yikes, I'm a boat addict.

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote