Old 09-02-2009   #61
fort collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 89
I am a transplant, Moved to Colorado for the Kayaking. Everything about it is great, but never in my life would i have imagined that i would get passed by locals with boats tryin to hitch a ride back to a putin or when goin solo asking if i could join a group and they say they are full, or hearing that in a situation of life or death a land owner would refuse passage. all right hear in wonderful Colorado. There are a couple boaters that i have been boating with for about 15 years. These are guys that will risk there life to save another on the river, they will stand on shore with a rope for hours until you get up enough guts to run that monster drop for the first time. Guess what there Texans and a couple like myself from Wisconsin. There are good and bad from all parts of this country some of the bad happen to be "natives", just because I have had some bad "native" runins by no means do I think all are jerk-offs. Whenever I meet a Colorado "native" i always think to my self you lucky bastard. So easy on the Texans they arent all bad and unless the water all dries up the mountain flatten out and the sun stops shinning i think people are ganna continue to come to this great state. When you meet a person and there a jerk move to the next it has been my experience that the next one will be pretty dam cool native or not

keep your skirt on
R out

rdrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #62
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
I really don't like Coloradans, so I think you should all stay there.

Well some of you are ok. But ......well then there are the Wyomingites.
And don't even get me started about the Californians.

After spending a winter in Crested Butte and a winter in Whitefish, I have to say Texans are all right. They tend to wear more hair product than me. More jewelry than I am personally comfortable with and talk a bit louder than I do, but I also got tipped ( driving a town bus ) for playing Stevie Ray Vaughan.

They also tend to drink and party more which means they are less likely to be up early and taking up space in the lift lines. Win. Win.

We had lots of Canadians in Whitefish. So let's just say they ......don't tip. Or hardly do. In a tourist driven business this is not good.
They seem to take themselves a little more seriously too. As if the brunt of social consciousness for North America rests on their shoulders due to the slackness of their south of the border neighbors.
They don't seem to drink and party as much, so therefore end up getting up earlier and try to find the goods that are all mine, mine, mine.

Take off eh???

[/end of unfunny blog]

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #63
pine, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
I like them ALL

CarveDog your post got me thinking about this little gem from my youth. It should set the tone for a good Labor Day weekend on the river.

Thread hijack Poll
VAN HALEN: David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar? you know where my vote is going!

class 3 felon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #64
Engineer Civil Structural Hydraulic, Evans CO
Paddling Since: 68
When they drain the great western rivers, Greeley will be the whitewater capital of Colorado.
Gary Strome
Friends Don't Let Friends Drive PVC Boats
garystrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #65
Dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
~ Carl Jung
Pilot_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #66
Casper mike, sorry for the smell, we are trying not to be so productive here, just can't do-it. Try visiting the other 47 ( excluding Alaska.< nice place.)

Let us know your thought's after yur trip.

Just sayin,,,,

Palo Duro is offline   Reply With Quote