Old 09-15-2011   #21
North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
I love my friends Super Puma. Check Craigslist for used as fors ome reason there seems to be a few each month popping up (mostly fishermen it seems- dunno why they'd get that much boat if they didn't know what to do with it).

Good luck!

Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #22
Truckee, California
Thanks for all the ideas everyone! If a few items I'm trying to craigslist out here in CA sell, I've been looking at some deals on paddlecats. Like I said earlier, I'll let the deal decide, as I think I would ultimately be happy with a mini-me, trib 9.5, or paddlecat (not holding out too much hope for a puma, Kendi - $). Exciting times!

-John, that's awesome about grand canyon on the mini-me. Must have been a hell of a ride.

GregMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #23
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Hi Greg, DU alum here! Take your time looking for a boat. When I decided I wanted a 14' raft to be able to take my family boating, I started looking in January. It took me close to 4 months to find a boat in good enough shape, for a decent price, before I put my money down. So figure out what you want, then put your money aside, someplace safe and just keep looking. With time on your side, after all, it is September, you will find what you want if you keep looking.

So what's the alpine club up to? When I was there, the club was my introduction to rafting and kayaking.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #24
Truckee, California
Hey thanks for the note Snowhere - it's funny that you mention to take it slow when looking for a boat, as I thought the same thing and took a break from mbuzz for a few days. There are just too many cool things on these forums. Makes me feel like I have to get something NOW.

Just selling some surf stuff, waiting for the right boat to pop up...
GregMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #25
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
here you go- a foam floor puma for under $400 in CA. I wanted it myself but can't ship the thing... she's all yours! you could buy a new inflatable bladder from Aire and still be under $800

Whoapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #26
LAX to SEA, 90032
Paddling Since: 2009
Hyside / Rio Bravo info

Here is a link that may be of use to those looking at R2 ratfts. Seems Hyside no longer makes the econo Rio Bravo line. The Mini me and max are made the same as the other OUTFITTER boats.

Puma or Mini-Max?

scotttoland is offline   Reply With Quote