Old 02-17-2014   #1
Denver, Colorado
New to CO need advice

So I'm new to Colorado. Unfortunately I sold all of my gear last summer as I didn't know I would be moving here.

I would ideally like to do some creeking more than playboating (I used to own a project x 56).

Is there much for creeking within about a 2 hour drive of Denver? I'm on the super north side (off 84th Street).

Any recommendations on boats? Or places to buy used gear in the area? I'm working on a budget.

Also looking to meet other paddlers!

N00B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #2
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Lots of creeking within 2 hours of Denver, depending on your skill level obviously. The Saint Vrains, Boulder Creek, South Boulder, Clear Creek, NF South Platte (Bailey), Big Thompson, etc. All will be running in June, with maybe the exception of Bailey, since Denver may not be needing water till later in the summer.

As for boats....they break out here if you do alot of what you want, but dont get too attached. Best place to buy boats and/or used gear is probably right here on the buzz classified section.

Colorado Whitewater and open pool sessions are the best place to meet paddlers, other than on here.....One thing I have learned is to find a solid crew and stick with them, cuz sometimes you dont know what you are getting yourself into until its too late.

justin.payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #3
dillon, Colorado
creek boat

I have a bliss stick huka for sale. It is an older model I don't know the exact yr. $200 let me know if you are interested.
jakoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
Buy a copy of Whitewater of the Southern Rockies for winter reading. Lots of creeking within 2 hours of denver, especially if you can knock off work at 4pm or so. Clear creek is sort of the darling, especially since it tends to hold runnable levels for a long time. Historically Boulder Creek, the Big Thompson, and the South Saint Vrain are also good to go for after work runs, but it's anybody's guess as to how they're going to boat after last year's floods and with whatever water we'll get this year.
craven_morhead is online now   Reply With Quote