Old 12-15-2009   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
New Prijon Creeker: Pure

I'm excited to see the new prijon creeker. The specs prijon posted are about 8.5 ft long, and 78 gallons volume, about the same specs as a big nomad. The shape looks like it could be a decent creeker. Sounds like the boat will be in production for 2010, and wildwasser in Boulder said they are ordering some this year. No word exactly when they will arrive, but likely before the runoff starts.

After breaking nomads and jefes like they were made out of balsa wood, I always wished for a good modern creeker design with prijon plastic. We will see how this boat design stands up. Can't wait to demo one. The salto is too small for me, and I didn't like the hercules. Maybe they got it right with this one...

Google translates and give some pretty funny reviews...

A short Ziehschlag, the boat goes and turns wherever I want and in any situation! This excellent Auftauchverhalten makes the Pure always remain at the surface, he shoots over rollers and re-runs away-we always have full control because you can keep the speed is always important for the whitewater. The impact is also felt while driving on stage, as plunging the case of energy, thanks to the Rockers, is converted into forward-man submersible with the boat almost no longer a. Standard is a car-Boof has been installed, which allows anyone at any time the boat lift on the top to return.

I want a standard is a car boof installed!

Pics and translation on the link below

Google Translate

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #2
Boulder, Colorado
I've never really paddled a prijon boat and don't know anybody that has, I think the plastic is probably over hyped. This boat will break just like every other boat breaks, it will be interesting to see how they handle the warranties if people actually buy this boat.
I probably wont paddle one just because of the lack of a front piller, I don't understand why they don't put one in it makes the boat way safer and a whole lot easier to carry.

tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
The plastic isn't hype, its the real deal. Lots of folks have paddled prijon creekers, and embudos and eskimo saltos (same plastic process). A small sample of my paddling buddies is that the guys with jefes and nomads break their shit every year, and the guys with saltos and creekers had the same boat for 5 yrs. The plastic is way more durable, doesn't gouge like other boats, and simply holds up to more abuse. I've chased one particular salto so many times I think its almost a miracle the boat is still uncracked, but its still floating. I've put that boat on the rack right next to my carcasses of nomads and jefes and the difference in the plastic is obvious.

The HTP plastic has a longer molecule that has much higher strength and much better abrasion resistance. They can still break eventually, but under similar circumstances, they should last much longer. I felt like my nomads have had the abrasion resistance of a wax candle. I'd hit a rock and would gouge out 25% of the hull thickness, making a big weak point. Jefe plastic is a little tougher, but I gouged the living shit out of that one too. The prijon boats get scrapes, but they don't seem to get those huge gouges that become an eventual failure point for most boats.

As for the pillar, the boats are strong enough that they don't need the pillar to keep them from folding. If you wanted to you, you could easily add a foam pillar. Not that big a deal. The reason other boats have pillars is that the materials of construction are not strong enough to withstand folding. I've stood on the deck of prijon boats and they didn't budge. Try that with a jefe with no pillar in.

The main problem with prijon boats is that the boats that they have made in the past for creeking (creeker, embudo, hercules) have been relatively poor designs and are not nearly as good as the jefe, nomad, habitat, burn etc. Many of them are either too small, or hav crappy designs, or both. If (big IF there) the new prijon boat is a good creeking design, its going to be a colorado mank favorite for sure. Its finally got the right volume and length to potentially be good, and the boat shape looks promising.

I've said for years my dream boat would be a nomad/jefe hull design with prijon plastic. This boat may be the ticket. Of course it might not too... looking forward to a demo.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I paddled a prijon for years.. the luv.. never had to worry if I would crack it or damage it. A friend also paddled one, am sure he didnt have any issues either..
Their plastic (HTP)is bomber, its definetly better than most plastic boats on the market, the draw back is that they are heavier..and small leaks through the rivits, their designs were a bit behind for awhile but am glad to hear they have a new creeker!
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
forgot to mention-HTP is cold molded or injection molded..
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #6
Indian Hills, Colorado
The abuse I have seen an anonymous Embudo take without any cracks or folds is astounding. Multiple unmanned high water runs; unmanned broaches and pins, you name it. The anonymous owner wishes the boat would die so he could have an excuse to get a new creeker. Contrast that to seeing Jefes reduced to mere ribbons of plastic after low flow unmanned descents. Chuck Norris makes HTP plastic.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #7
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 99
Prijons are rock solid, however the lack of bow pillar does seem to flirt with trouble. If their designs hadnt sucked so bad for the last few years, I would wager we would see more old Prijons on the water- though you do see a decent number of old timers in Tornados. This new design seems to have made leaps forward from the 225. I'm glad they are making boats with rocker and volume now.
mafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #8
I'm excited to try this boat out. In my experience the htp last about 3x longer than the others. They will break like any other plastic craft if you let it go down the creek alone. I'm a bit worried about the width though.
vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #9
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Plastic is bomber, definitely not over hyped and Landis takes care of his customers. Pillars can be argued both good and bad. Both can be dangerous. Glad Landis will get a creek boat to sell, he's the man.
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #10
Boulder, Colorado
I stand corrected on the plastic seems like you boys know more than I do.
I'm very interested to see the design for myself, it looks good in the pics. I still am scared to paddle a boat w/o a front pillar. Ian I'm not sure if just putting some foam up there would work, it seems like it would be moving around a lot.

tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote