Old 04-09-2010   #1
West Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
New Cooler company

Hello! Just doing a little market research.

What would you be willing to pay for a cooler (include size) that is on par with Engel and Galaxy Coolers. They would have a guarantee, EXCELLENT customer service and a great website. Are there things you would like to see in a cooler that you can't find now?

Thanks, A Boater wanting to fill a market.

OCBluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #2
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
I am finally breaking down and buying a 105 qt Yeti this weekend. I can tell you that I think it is still too small a space for too big a price- but, I love to cook and I hate it when food goes bad.
So, after spending a year looking at coolers, I say look at the Gott Marine coolers from Rubbermaid- not the new ones, the old ones- they are still on their website. They don't make them anymore I guess, but they were ideal in several ways: maximum cooling performance for having a smaller difference in ratio between inside and outside dimensions, re-freezable water bottles that fit snugly inside the cooler and into the lid, solid construction, and a much lower price.

I've seen only one in action, but it worked as well as the big names- on day 8 in 100 + heat, we still had ice for cocktails.

"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #3
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
I'd love to see adjustable brackets for hanging the cooler on the cross bars. I really like that feature about Galaxy coolers. I'd also like to see two compartment big cooler with two lids. One for drinks and one for food storage. Rope handles are very important as well as the draining valve.

Good insulation is obviously important.
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #4
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Will you be making the coolers in the US? For an American made cooler of the same quality of the Icee Kool I had I would pay several hundred bucks. For a Chinese cooler I would pay five dollars, no more.

That's your marketing strategy: Green coolers. Make them domestically and used recycled plastics. People will buy them up! Maybe use aluminum....
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote