Mountain Buzz banner

New Boater needs input

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  BastrdSonOfElvis 
#1 ·
I am a 6'0 and 150 pounds male, capricorn (although i dont think that matters much). I am a total rookie lookin for my first boat. I have taken some intro courses in kayaking. Anyone reccommend a good all around beginner boat. i have heard good things about the dagger gt 7.8. any feedback on this boat would be greatly appreciated or reccommendations on other boats as well.

#4 ·
Depending on what you want ot end up being able to do in a boat at the end of the season and what you want that boat to be albe to do at the middle of next.
There is nothing wrong with the GT as a Riverrunner and it will surf too, remember when you are asking about boats here alot of these guys are experienced creekers and playboaters and let that cloud their judgment about what a newer boater is looking for in a boat.

Confluence Kayaks has a used GT 7.8 you can take a look at and Demo, Best advice is talk to someone in a store that will take the time to find about you are looking to do in a boat and will take the time to fit you in several of the same style boats then go DEMO all of them.

#5 ·
GT

When I taught whitewater we had a GT and a GTX in our fleet. It was one of the first boats that I would put people in. Made a great river runner and surfed well too. I paddled it early season back home when it was still freezing and I wanted more room in my boat. It was a pretty good boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.