Old 07-25-2013   #1
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
neosport booties - worth it for $20?

I need to get myself a pair of river shoes since my sneakers I have been using smell like they were left in the amazon and something crawled inside, died, and has been rotting inside them for a get the point. Also my gf keeps telling me every time I wear them the chance of some bizarre foot fungus invasion multiplies.

Anyway, I don't have much extra cash to spend. I was going to go to walmart and buy a cheap pair of water shoes for <$10 or something, but gave amazon a try, and like always, amazon has everything you could ever want to buy. Usually with amazon prime available. If you don't know what that is, look it up. For like $40 a year you get FREE 2 day shipping on almost every item they sell. So I found a few cheap wetsuit bootie options. In particular, these which I am interested in trying out:
Neosport Wetsuits Paddle Low Top Boots

They look decent. Does anyone have any opinions/experience on these shoes? They look pretty identical to the NRS Remix but $20 cheaper.

mattoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #2
Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
I have a pair of them. Meh. No significant traction, they are very flexible and don't give a lot of protection from sharp rocks - but I find this to be true with most Neoprene booties.

but can you see its opposition | comes a-rising up sometimes | that it's dreadful and position | comes blacking in my mind | ....and then I see a darkness
laterwagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #3
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Sounds like they will do.

I'm not sure if I want to go with a low top ankle exposed or a higher top, over the ankle style.

Is there a difference between the two besides the over the ankle keeps your feet slightly warmer in cold weather? Any functionality or preference differences? Are the lower tops easier to squeeze into a playboat?
mattoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #4
Prineville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2010
I have some of the high tops. Grip sucks, but otherwise ok. The water is always cold here, so I wear mine in the summer to. They fit fine in a playboat.
BryanS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #5
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I got a pair of the new NRS desperado shoes this year, I like them a lot. Occasionally my feet get too hot in them but they have a thicker bottom so rocks don't hurt so much. I use them for SUPing and kayaking.

NRS Desperado Wetshoe at

I like ankle coverage because I've scraped my ankle on rocks while in the river and scrapes on my ankle bone suck IMO.
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. - Voltaire
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote