Old 01-21-2010   #1
North Wales, United Kingdom
Paddling Since: 2009

I'm looking into getting a playboat and have two in mind one is a FLUID NEMESIS the other is a LIQUID LOGIC BISCUIT but i am not sure which is the better kayak to get so i thought i'd just ask you guys for your thoughts.I'm new to playboating so i'll be learning from scratch and hopefully my plan is to go down some rivers with my mates who mostly have river boats and have a play on the way down,so i was just wondering things like which one is the more forgiving or stable is one just a far better boat than the other so i should only cosider that one etc

Michelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I think both are pretty good playboats. I got the Biscuit last Spring and love it. The new Fluids have a new outfitting that looks very good. Either one is a good option.

IMO. Take them both out to your local play spot and paddle them both. Then decide. Make sure you get the nicest color.

rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #3
surrounded by mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
I recommend you go with Jackson. Either the Star or Fun series. Possibly consider the Wave Sport Fuse. IMO these should be your top choices.
No risk, no reward. It is not that we have to, it is that we get to. Preparation and education are essential to self-confidence and success. - KV
"If there is no risk there is no adventure."- Bill Briggs
Ken Vanatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #4
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I looked at both of these boats last year and like both. They both have a lot of leg room if you have any issues with a long inseam. The volume on both boats is comparable and they both surf very well I think. The biscuit is definitely a little more squirrely in the river running category but once you get used to the edges you'll be fine. The badass outfitting lives up to its name in the biscuit. I ultimately went with the biscuit solely because I had a buddy sell one to me. If you have the chance demo both. Good luck.
Active member of Citizens for a Coastal Colorado.
colsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #5
doesn't need a fake name
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Try them both

Personally I love the Nemesis (but ignore that because I'm sponsored by Fluid). Paddle both of them, as many times as you can. If they seem to perform about the same, go with whichever one you can get ahold of cheapest.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote