Old 10-28-2015   #11
LAX to SEA, 90032
Paddling Since: 2009
Good take on two solo boats vs. A tandem. Some people like being together in a boat, others prefer separate boats. Comes down to very personal preference. No wrong answer. Side bar, nice thing about the super lynx, the tips are lower than the other lynx boats for less wind resistance. And the long water line adds speed. On the down side it punches holes that other ik's ride over. 2c

scotttoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015   #12
Renaissance Redneck
Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Duckeys are boring get a couple of solo canoes

"You're gonna be doin a lot of doobie rolling when youre LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER"
LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015   #13
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Dakota, you should post this is the Inflatable Kayak forum on Mountainbuzz. It's a great place to discuss IKs and duckies, plan trips, and talk about all things IK".
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015   #14
Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2001
I agree with all of Shredder Scott's points. Guiding duckies on the Kern we would call the 2-man Padillacs "Divorce Boats." I know I'm not the only one to use that term. We would give the person in a back a raft paddle and tell them to steer while the front person was the muscle--it was the only way to keep them from killing themselves. I've paddled my 2-man Bandit a couple times with the girlfriend now wife and it was fun, but it is a challenge. We both do better in our own separate IKs.

Now my wife's performance really started to improve when we purchased a Culebra from Jack's Plastic in 2008. R2ing together greatly increased her understanding of river dynamics and I was able to explain all the points of reading water since she was right next to me. Now we run class IV hardly even having to say a word... Also, I can strap a light two-dimensional frame to the Culebra and get on the water solo and fast.

My Bandit II is managable paddled solo, but a one-man is way better. I believe the Lynx or Aire Outfitter are the best overall design. Good luck.

jakebrown98 is offline   Reply With Quote