Old 08-05-2012   #1
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Mojave Dry Box

What the word on the Mojave Dry Box? Tough and water tight? Good for the dry goods?

Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #2
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I have one and really like it. You do have to be careful opening it, as the flat neck under the gamma lid means water can sit there and when you open it drip in. If only they had molded a little slope. The handles take up quite a bit of space inside, and they are quite uncomfortable to carry it very far. They're too flat. But I always use it on spring trips with my cat because it fits my friend perfectly and is just enough space. It's as watertight as any gamma lid container is, which means I wouldn't trust it to be bone dry in a flip. But it's dry and regular white water use as long as I don't let it drip in as mentioned above. I usually lay a little camp towel over the top before I screw the lid on just to contain those drips.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #3
Plunk your magic twanger!
New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I got one this year and really like. It definitely seems tough and durable. I haven't had any issues with water collecting around the lid and dripping when I open it. Perhaps they changed the design? My lid screws down tight to a raised ring around the opening. The handles don't bother me but I don't have a lot of weight inside. I like that nothing is protruding from the sides. The molded grooves make it easy to securely strap it in and you could run straps around to create handles if the molded ones aren't working for you. I have since found squareish plates and serving bowls that store nicely inside. I bought it before a San Juan trip in May because the dimensions fit so well into my cat frame. It has since been on a couple other multi-day trips and has bounced around in the back of my truck on a few camping trips.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #4
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Hey, thanks you for responses! I think I'll pull the trigger if I get that invite I'm hoping for!
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote