Old 10-15-2010   #1
salida, co, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
madcap coustom helmets

So I a madcap full face helmet that look absolutely bomber. But I cant seem to find any info on this helmet or the company. Has anyone herd of this company or have a link to a web page that i may be able to get some more info. Thanks. Josh

riverchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #2
roanoke, Virginia
Paddling Since: 2007

My buddy has 2 of these in his shop. I like the feel of the helmet, it seems pretty stout. You will need to put in your own foam to fit them out correctly,I have a big head and still had room to fit it. I tried to push the helmet off of my forehead and found that it stays put really well.The full face version looked cool, but didn't cover the lower part of my jaw. The face protector portion wasn't finished as well as the rest of the helmet, it had rough edges and was obviously cut by hand. Maybe the one I tried was a prototype. I would definately by one if the full face was cleaned up and maybe cut lower to cover my jaw.

webb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #3
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
here's the only site I found that shows some of them: MADCAP (Madcap Helmets) | MySpace
mhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011   #4
River Gypsy
Swannanoa, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 1986
Not sure if anybody is still wondering....but Andria and I have teamed with Madcap and will be releasing the 2011 line in another few weeks.

We'll have kevlar composite full-face helmets available first - hand made in the USA by real river people - for $180. We will also be offering custom graphics options for an extra charge, and our playboating helmet will follow in the summer.

The website won't be up for a few weeks more weeks, but you can follow us on facebook for updates on when the products are available and the website is ready to go:

Madcap Helmets | Facebook

We'll be giving away a full-face to a randomly selected Facebook friend next month, so friend us for your chance to win!

Leland is offline   Reply With Quote