Old 05-09-2007   #11
If I was paddling with my arms a longer paddle would be more comfortable ...shorter paddle = higher angle = forced to do more torso rotation.

Will get a used cheaper paddle too for those runs where swimming is highly likely.

Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
work your technique im 5' 10" i use a at2 standard 194 its sick you should paddle with your core musscles not your arms just a little hint, and like some of the other guys said you will loose it soon anyways and this is true maybe not loose but you will probably break it if your are surfing in shallow holes so buy a cheaper paddle they do the same thing when you are just learning

jarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007   #12
I've sold werner paddles for the last 4 years and the size charts get you started on which size to use but it comes down to what you feel comfortable paddling. I'm 5'11" and i use a 191 sidekick on a regular day and when I'm going creeking I use a 194 sherpa. I went with the small shaft to reduce weight and I like it better then the standard shaft. If you want to paddle a 188 tell the shop thats what you want if they won't sell it to you someone will. try it out then if it doesn't work turn around and sell it and get a bigger/smaller size. you need to just jump in and start some where.

3 Rivers Paddle Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #13
I've gone down the AT road before...twice--I wouldn't recommend an AT to anyone. they feel good but can be counted on to break at the worst possible times.. I see pics of people running big stuff with them and cringe at the thought of someone's life being on the line with such a piece of s--t.

bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote