Old 09-27-2013   #1
Westerville, Ohio
Paddling Since: 2013
Liquidlogic xp9 hull change

I am wanting to fill the ridges in my 2013 Liquidlogic Remix XP9 to make it more of a displacement hull. I love the kayak but the hull is a little grabby. I was thinking of lightly sanding in and around the ridges in the hull, filling with expandafoam, cutting off clean with hack saw blade, then patching with carbon fiber, fiber glass, or an epoxy. any thoughts?

Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #2
4CRS, Durango, Colorado
Get an Ethos 9 or a new Dagger Katana and save yourself a ton of time on something that probably will not work very well.

TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #3
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

Tony is right. Sell your boat and buy one that is the shape you want. If you make any of the changes you suggest you will make your current boat worthless to resell and most likely not help your boat performance.

If you really wanted to change the shape of a plastic boat hull and make a long term boat worth paddling. You could make your changes with Bondo and use it as a plug to pull a composite hull off of. Build your own kayak. That's what Black Sheep did up in Canada. They started with a Jackson Kayak Allstar and tweeked it a bit, through on some graphics, and bam new kayak company. It does help if you live in another country, so the lawyers can't get you so easy.

Have fun and don't ruin a perfectly good kayak on preference. Sell it and move on.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote