Old 09-16-2013   #1
Fruita, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Liquid Logic Stomper 90 vs. Remix 79

Looking to purchase either a stomper 90 or remix 79. I paddled a remix 79 last week on the Main Salmon and enjoyed it very much. I have never paddled the Stomper 90, but I am thinking it may be a good option as well. I currently paddle a Wavesport Diesel 80 and like the overall length (8 feet 6 inches). I'am 6'3 and 245lbs.

Has anyone paddled both the stomper and remix? What are you're thoughts/pros and cons. Thanks for any words of wisdom

The dog whisper has spoken
gtownboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #2
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Do you want a creeker or a river runner? The rocker, hull design, and more voluminous bow/stern of the stomper will act better in creeks than the remix where the volume is pushed into more length. The diesel is closer to the remix and the stomper is a far superior creeking boat to the diesel. The remix is kind of in between the two. The diesel will turn better than both though I like the way the remix surfs on river features better than the diesel.

On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #3
Tim Kennedy
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Stomper 90 vs Remix 79

I have paddled both. I currently have a Remix 79, and had a Stomper 90 last season.

I bought a Stomper 90 last year after paddling the L Pyranha Burn for a few years. I thought it would be a good transition from the flat hull of the Burn, due to the Stomper's semi planing hull and slight edges. It was. The Stomper is relatively fast for a short creek boat, snaps into eddies really well, spins on a dime and boofs easily.

This past spring, I sold my Stomper and bought a Remix 79. Although I loved the Stomper, I wanted a boat with more speed, and less "corky". The Remix is faster than the Stomper and holds a line in pushier water. It has a softer edge/chine, so you have to drive it into eddies a little more aggressively. It boofs well, but doesn't "auto boof" like the Stomper.

I went with the Remix over the Stomper, because I don't paddle many super steep manky creek runs. I feel comfortable in the Remix in any creekish type run that I plan on paddling. If it is so steep and manky that I would need a Stomper over a Remix, I shouldn't be paddling it. But, if you come from a playboating background, the Stomper will be a good transition to river runner/creeker, due to the edges, semi planing hull and ease of turning.

About me: 190 lbs, 6'2", 36" inseam, size 11 foot. I also am the type of paddler that prefers speed and tracking in a boat.
Tim Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #4
Taos, New Mexico
We have reviews up of both of these boats detailing their performance:

Remix 79

Stomper 90
Honest and in depth reviews

Find us on Facebook
BlisterGearReview is offline   Reply With Quote