Old 06-27-2010   #1
Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2010
Liquid Logic Lil' Joe Advice

Hey all,

I have a liquid logic lil' joe and I'm fairly new to kayaking, but I'm getting my roll down and I'm excited to get out on my first river run when the river levels out here in Or. go down a bit. The boat fits me fairly well (needs a new thigh pad, but whatever). My question is, does the seat bottom move at all? I've got about half an inch too much room for my legs in the boat but not enough to move the foot rests back a peg. Alternatively I could get padding for the foot rests I think, but I'd rather not spend money I don't have to. Anyone know anything about this?

Linkthealmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010   #2
Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I recently picked up a lil joe as well and didn't like the out fitting too. I tore out the thigh pads and made myself some new ones with some foam I got with my play boat and glued it in with aqua seal. I don't think the seat moves up unless I am missing something. I had the same problem with the foot pegs so I bought some foam and aqua sealed them to the foot pegs. The extra inch and a half the foam created was perfect. Makes sure you get the correct type of foam, you can order it here and its fairly cheap. Minicel closed cell kayak foam

smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010   #3
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
i havent had problems with the outfitting so i cant speak to those concerns. on a purely performance level, i have owned a Lil Joe for 6 years and love it very much. its a great boat for the intermediate river runner. havent taken it down anything gnarly, of course. my friends who have kayaks borrow mine when i take my ducky, even they love it too. hope you get it sorted out, its a great boat
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010   #4
Eugene, Oregon
Yeah, I really like the boat, just wondering about it. The thing I notice is that there are two screws on the sides of the cockpit that seem to go into sides of the seat and it looks like the seat should slide along that rail that runs the length of the boat. I've played with it a little but I don't want to take the screws all the way out for fear of them not going back in so I thought I'd seek advice on here. But if it can't be moved, it can't be moved and let some foam be bought!
Old 06-28-2010   #5
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to bolsito
The seat should move, it certainly does in every LL boat I've paddled. Loosen the screws bit by bit until the seat will slide. You may not want to do this, however - you should choose where the seat is based on where you want your center of mass. If you like your current seat placement, I would suggest getting some foam for your feet.
Scott Andrews
(nine seven eight)-46O-3347
bolsito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010   #6
N/A, North Carolina
I have a Liquid Logic and those screws move the seat back and forward, loosen them up considerably and use some serious pulling power to move your seat.
NathanH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #7
Eugene, Oregon
Thanks Solid and others. Got it done and it feels much better now.