Old 04-22-2006   #1
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1492
Liquid Logic CR series or Wave Sport EZG series?????

Has anyone been able to paddle the new LL CR series boats yet, either the 125 or the 250? And, have you ever paddled any of the Wave Sport EZG series as well? Curious how they compare against each other, and we don't have access to the CR boats up here yet. The EZG 60 seems like a great all around play/river runner, and that is what LL is saying about the CR's as well. Really like LL's outfitting and plastic, but sure do need to see, paddle, or get feedback on them. Any help greatly appreciated.

WyoPadlr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #2
I can give you some limited feedback. I've only paddled the EZG 60 on flatwater and the CR 250, which I just recently bought, on some lower volume class 2/3 whitewater. First off I felt the EZG didn't have quite enough footroom where the CR has plenty. I feel the EZG would be a good riverrunner/playboat where as the CR would be excellent. I'm more of an old school boater with a limited bag of tricks but I've had a 190 pounder cartwheel the length of the pool with the CR 250. It surfs like a dream...real loose and spins in a hole equally as well. I went from a Jackson 4fun to the CR because I felt like the Jackson didn't have enough volume in the stern resulting in the stern often being caught when spinning. The CR is much better balanced front to back not only making it much more predictable in the hole but also much more predictable as a river runner in general. Both initial and secondary stability are very good. The outfitting is awesome...I felt one with the boat right out of the box. Lest we forget the CR also comes with "the cone of comfort" which is a foam piece that comletetly encapsulates(sp) your feet. It take the comfort level to heights never imagined! Unfortunately I needed the extra room so I remeoved mine. It's still the most comfortable boat I've ever paddled with the exception of creek boats of course. The CR comes in two sizes. I'm at the lower end for the 250 but I have long legs and comfort is my number one priority these days. Having said that, I'm VERY happy with the 250 in all respects. Good luck with your choice.

Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #3
I can only say I sat in them both and am making a decision based on availability of a used ezg 60.

I am195, 6'1" with size 13 feet, and am kinda leggy, and I fit into the cr125 and it was real comfy. I maxed it out for sure but was still comfortable. I liked the softer seat of the ezg 60 but overall the cr250 was sooo comfortable I felt like I could spend hours in it without needing a break. If I was buying new from what I have sat in and from the feedback I have heard, I would say the cr250 would be what I would invest my money in.

You cant go wrong with either boat.
Jobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #4
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1492
Wow. Cheers to both of you for the great feedback. I'm pretty leggy, too: 6'3" with 35" inseam and size 12 feet, 195lbs right now. The EZG60 is available here, so will get to demo it in the next couple of days, and hopefully the CR's will be here within 10 days. Sounds like I really need to get into the LL boats to make sure. I am leaning toward the 250, unless I can fit the 125 with no pains anywhere. Sick and tired of all the hot boats being torture chambers for my feet and ankles. Took the biggest Crazy88 to the play wave on the Snake yesterday, and couldn't stay in it very long since my toes were crushed into the bow and feet couldn't be up sideways, had to point straight in. Not going to pay a grand for something I can't sit in for at least an hour. Thanks again for the feedback.
WyoPadlr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #5
hey let me know how that turns out for you if you demo them both. I think at 6.3 you might find the ezg a little tight but dont worry if you do, it just means that the crossriver will be the boat for you, with room to spare. My problem is the feet thing. It twists them up and transfers the pain up to my hips, but in the cr250 that went away and that nosecone padding is just the best invention ever. Good luck and post the results if you would.
Jobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #6
I am 6'5" size 12s and use the CR250. I have paddled the EZG 60 and dont fit in it with any kind of shoes at all. It is a fun boat to paddle if you can fit in there, but the Cross River has more foot room so i can wear my shoes in it. Great boat for tall lanky guys like me
thedude1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #7
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I liked the performance of the CR but ended up with the Jackson Super Fun, I kept getting numbness in CR and couldn't even fit into the EZG60 with any lvl of comfort. I'm not even that big of a guy 6'1" 210, but have rather large legs and feet, so that might be my problem. I don't understand how you lanky suckers do it.
tellutwurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #8
It's all about the shape of the footblock. If you shape a block that will support your heels and instep but narrow enough to allow the front of your feet to wrap around it without touching anything, you'll be amazed at how much room it gives you. Basically half pie shaped about 10 inches wide at the widest point seems to work best for me. It's amazing how much more room it provides as opposed to being supported at the balls of your feet against a flat surface. You have to experiment getting the width right for the size of the boat....well worth it.

Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #9
As far as fit goes more people fit in the CR than the EZG due to the EZG's style off wrap around thigh braces, where the CR & Fun's have the more typical knee up against the side of the boat.

You should find the EZG's a little eazyer to cartwheel due to being alittle more balanced in length and volume and the Fun's a little better to surf due to the shorter nose and more rocker to it. As far as the CR it will be a better spin boat with the LL spin disk on the bottom.

That being said they all paddle pretty much the same as its not the car it's the driver.

Swim team capt. is offline   Reply With Quote