Old 09-20-2011   #11
Eagle Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 92
First off you got to remember, "opinions are like A$$#0!E$, everyone has one and they all stink at a given time" however, Dirtbag is pretty much on the money, just get in a boat cuz next yeasr you "WILL" want an entirely differnt rig!!

Jb1rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #12
delaware, Ohio
Paddling Since: 2011
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker

Your'e preaty much on to full on play boats in the biscuit and rev. Here is the deal, if you got money fallin out your @$$ and an go get it, work hard, play hard attitude, then get what ever play tickles your ??

If this describes where you want to go with kayaking:

You catch every wave and ride every hole and go upsidedown until you get bone spurs in your ears and the ugulies feet in 4 draniages.

Then: get any o' playboat you want.

On the other hand;

You really want to try this kayaking play boating thing, but you really have no idea where to start.

Then: Buy the cheepest used river/play as described above. Spend your cash on a good pfd, drytop, helmet, spryskirt, paddle and just start boating. No matter what boat you buy now, you are going to want something different this time next year....
Thanks a lot thats helps immensly I didn't think about it rationally

And I just realized I posted the same thing twice

blakeifitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #13
Midwest, USA
Paddling Since: 2008
Great opinions above.
Not sure if you saw this.
Dude! You need a kayak shipped? You have a whitewater dealer offering a sale on Jackson kayaks this month only 1.5 hours from you! They are in Dayton, OH. Check out thier website Welcome to Whitewater Warehouse - Home Sounds like you can get all your questions answered there. Which type of boating you want to do will greatly effect which boat you will want. Looks like they take alot of trips and offer classes, go take a class! And it looks like they offer demos so try a bunch of boats out to see what you like!

Also check out American Whitewater for WW rivers in your state. American Whitewater - OH State Rivers
Count your blessings because you have a hell of alot more WW rivers in OH than here in IA and you're alot closer to some awesome rivers!

Also check out this ohio club, not sure if you have to register to post or what, but might be worth a look. Dayton Outdoor Adventure Club • Index page

If you're wanting to mostly playboat, I'd get a Jackson Star or Rock Star series. If you dont want to play at all, get a river runner like the Jackson Hero. If you want to run rivers and mabe play a little, go with the Jackson Fun series. All are great boats! I wanted to mainly playboat, so I started with the smallest playboat I could fit in!

Also, you might try the google search engine some time, you can find a ton of information just by typing in "ohio whitewater kayaking"

Good look and have fun!

hannah is offline   Reply With Quote