Old 01-25-2010   #1
Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Level 6 drysuits

Anyone know anything about them? I saw a few, they looked like decent construction, and I found a smokin' deal on one.

swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010   #2
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
They're really well made. All of their gear is great. I have a kid's drysuit and a drytop from them.

"shut up and paddle, and paddle like you mean it for once"

double-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010   #3
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
If you are going to buy one I would recommend trying one on first. If the gaskets are to big for you right out of the box Level Six will only suggest that you get them replaced with smaller ones and offer no help to you. The suit as a whole feels pretty well made but when I was putting mine on for the first time at the river some stitching came undone near the zipper (luckily it was a section that had a double layer of material so no leaks could occur) which Level Six told me again I should sew it up and offered no assistance. Ultimately try it on and if the gaskets don't fit I would buy a kokatat because I think there suits have much smaller gaskets.
Active member of Citizens for a Coastal Colorado.
colsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #4
I went ahead and got one. It's warm, fits well, and seems well constructed for the most part. However, both booties leak like sieves in the seams, and I think the waist leaks as well. I'll post and let people know how good the customer service is.
Old 03-01-2010   #5
billings, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
Send a message via Yahoo to mttodd
three leaks brand new, why bother with cust service. GET YOUR MONEY BACK!
mttodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #6
Response from Level 6

Their warranty guy was out. But I spoke with someone at the company and he said that because I bought the suit at a discount from Next Adventure, a local shop that sometimes buys clearance items, they wouldn't honor any warranty. They suggested I try aqua seal. Wow. Mind you, this was a brand new suit, tags and all. They assured me that my suit was probably one of their older models, and that they were now using better seam tape. I really feel better.

No way to build a brand, guys.

Old 03-02-2010   #7
Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
The guys at Next Adventure are pretty good... you might try talking to them about the problem.
Wirednoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #8
Owner Level Six
Ottawa, Ontario
Paddling Since: 1987
Hi All, I just wanted to chime in here to clear the air on Level Six. As an owner of Level Six, a company that I have spent 12 years building I want to ensure everyone is happy with our products.
Dan, (swiftwater15) in our phone conversation I mentioned that in the fall we offer Next Adventure a clear out of all our factory seconds, and they sell them off at a really reduced price in order to keep them out of a landfill. From what I gathered in our phone conversation you paid cash for the Barrier and it was at a really reduced price. So I assumed it was a factory second which is something we don't warranty as we already sold them at a loss to Next Adventure. It is not that if the item was sold as a discount we don't warranty it, only if it was a factory second and it is sold to Next Adventure with the understanding that it doesn't carry the full warranty. If you can provide me with a receipt on how much you paid I will make sure we can get this issue resolved.
I want to make sure you are happy, but I also want to make sure the story you project is accurate.
Give me a call at 1-877-2LEVEL6 if you need to resolve this issue in more detail
slarsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #9
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
I don't care how much he paid for the suit, discount, no discount, advertised warranty or not. He bought a "NEW" suit. Company says they will only help him under condition "X". Well, I'll tell you what mister company owner, NO ONE ON THIS BOARD WILL BUY ANOTHER SUIT FROM YOU if that the way were treated.

Look around here, search for kokatat. Read some posts on how they have sent new suits to people years after they bought them because they leaked. Bomber Gear is on here all the time taking care of his customers and helping people get the best for their hard earned $$.

Fix the issue and you may gain some business, do not and stand to loose way more business than the one customer.
Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #10
well, they probably lost my business from the sounds of their steller customer support and standing by their product. I was looking around for a kids drysuit.

panicman is offline   Reply With Quote