Old 08-06-2012   #1
Kirkland, Washington
Paddling Since: 1972
Kudos to Aire & Dave at Canyon Whitewater...

Stupid me! Bled off the tubes on my 4 year old Super Puma but forgot the floor on a 100 plus degree Montana day and blew out the floor cell. Stranded on a whitewater vacation without a raft. Called Tyler Harris at Aire to explain my predicament. Tyler had me cell phone photo the blown bladder and email him the result with the raft serial #. Wow! Aire overnighted a new floor bladder to Dave at Canyon Whitewater in Idaho Falls. When I got to Idaho Falls Dave dropped all his other busy rafting season Friday afternoon work and helped me - I should say installed the new floor with my meager help. All this free of charge and part of the Aire no fault warranty. Amazing! Saved my trip! Would I buy another Aire product? Why even ask? These guys are beyond awesome.

By the way, I love my Super Puma. (2) seven day, (1) 6 day & (1) 4 day overnight trips of some 240 plus river miles this year and I am one literally happy camper.

mdconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #2
Calgary, Alberta
That's awesome! I love a story of great customer service.

cupido76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Aire definitely goes the extra mile on customer service.

Did your floor not have a PRV on that boat? I never bleed my floor.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #4
idaho falls, Idaho
Dave is one of the best guys I've met in the boating community.
whee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #5
Kirkland, Washington
Paddling Since: 1972
Did your floor not have a PRV on that boat? I never bleed my floor.[/QUOTE]

The Super Puma did have a Pressure Relief Valve - I do not not know whether the valve failed or only partially relieved the expansive gas build up. Tyler Harris at Aire said that the floor needs to be pressure relieved nevertheless as the PRV is only a measure of last resort.

I did note that the new floor is of a better, more resilient material and the I-beam welds seem stronger. And that the PRV does now have a screen to keep out sand and dirt. This goes to Aire's continuing effort to support and improve their product. I cannot express how I am very much impressed with this company. As an aside, I did comment to a friend that if all American companies had this culture we might very well be hard pressed to buy foreign.

I also asked Dave if he liked the optional new floor that does not allow water ballast in - he responded that the ballast seems to "glue" the boat to the water preventing flips and that the new floors have come back filled with invasive species.
mdconner is offline   Reply With Quote