Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking > Kayaking | Gear Talk

Click Here to Register

Quick Links
Buzz Forums
Home / Portal
View by Forums
View w/o Forums
Partner's Forum
Access & Safety
Kayaking Forum
Kayak Trip Planner
Kayak Gear Talk
Rafting Forum
Rafting Gear
Rafting Trips
Snowriders' Forum
General Boating
SUP
Lost & Found
Betty Buzz
The Eddy

Photo Gallery
Creeking
Rodeo & Freestyle
Snow Riding
Member's Albums
Upload Photos
Classified Ads
Whitewater Kayaks
Kayak Accessories
Rafts/Accessories
Other Boats
Skiing & Boarding
Want Ads
Industry Jobs
Place an Ad

Old 02-29-2012   #1

student
Kokatat Customer Service

Just had to say that I am blown away by Kokatat Customer Service. I had a small delamination on the arm of my drytop from 07/08 (which I have used and abused) and they are replacing the entire thing free of charge. Just thought I would share this for anyone who is a little nervous about the price like I was initially.

Old 02-29-2012   #2

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2010
Good to hear, I just sprung on the gmer suit and stories of their customer service made the price much more tolerable.

Old 02-29-2012   #3

Columbus, Indiana
That's why I got a Kokatat dry top as well.
Old 02-29-2012   #4

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
KOKATAT RULES!!!

I just convinced a friend to give me his old (12+ years) Kokatat Meridian Dry Suit. It has Ankle Gaskets and ALL 5 Gaskets were totally fall-apart brittle. I sent it directly to Kokatat and they Pressure Tested and Inspected for $20. They determined that the suit was in incredible condition and was actually the old-style Gore-Tek they used to use which is thicker and much more durable. The new Gore-Tek they are currently using is great, but is a bit thinner and more flexible. They said, with proper maintenance, this old-style Gore-Tex should last a long long long time.

With the results of Kokatat's evaluation, they worked out a phenomenal deal for me, because they are committed on getting this old-style Gore-Tek suit back in circulation. They believe in their products and completely stand behind them.

Pressure Test - $20
ADD Relief Zip - $91 (normally $154)
ADD Gore-Tek Socks - $90 (normally $150)
Replace 2 Wrist/1Neck Gaskets - $92 (normally $149)

With return shipping I will virtually have a New Gore-Tek Dry Suit for $300. Plus they are rushing the order to make delivery prior to my next river trip.

Kokatat Rules.

Lenny.
Old 02-29-2012   #5

NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Lenny - is your drysuit bright blue and hot pink - or am I thinking of the Stohlquist gear from the 90's? I hear those colors are coming back in vogue.

Here's a new Navy Seal Kokatat drysuit on ebay:
NAVY SEAL SPECIAL FORCES KOKATAT NEW UNUSED DRYSUIT | eBay
Old 02-29-2012   #6

Fort Collins, Colorado
Curtis...

Who let the cat out the bag. Unfortunately is two/tone blue, but pink would be sweet.

The issue I see with the "Navy Seal Suit" is that it does not have a tunnel for your spray skirt, it's more of a "swimming or scuba" dry suit rather then the whitewater kayaking dry suit with the spray skirt tunnel. Just my thoughts, but if it were hot pink, id say who needs a tunnel!

Lenny.
Old 02-29-2012   #7
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Agreed. I never get these amazing replacement deals, but I just got my drysuit back for some annual maintenance. Their report was that it's all sealed up and should have plenty of life left - I'm around the 5 years mark of heavy use. I looked on the inside to see what they did and I've got patches everywhere, but it seems like every time I send it in for patches it comes back dry as a bone. Their repairs are inexpensive. If drytops are any indication, with any other brand I'd already be on drysuit #3 by now. Like people above, I'm sold. You pay more upfront, but way cheaper in the long run.
Old 02-29-2012   #8

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
I have my Rogue dry top and GMER dry suit at kokatat right now. This is my first experience with thier customer service & I'm confident they will treat me right.

Looking forward to getting them back so I can go yaking again
Old 05-01-2012   #9

Kalispell, Montana
Just sent in my 10 year-old GME drysuit for warranty.

I sent it in last year for warranty and new gaskets, and they put a couple dozen patches! It was dry as a bone.

This spring, I've got some delamination in my right foot and a leaky seam at my left heel. Hopefully they can fix it.

I put 30+ days a year on it the first 5 years, and it's probably had 10+ days a year the past 5 years. Not bad for 200+ days of use!

Kokatat customer service and their lifetime warranty on Goretex suits rocks!!
Old 05-01-2012   #10

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
nice to hear you guys got hooked up.

After only 3 seasons I sent mine in and was told the fabric rip in the crotch and delamination on the thighs WAS NOT COVERED, ended up giving me a "DEAL" on a new one. Still into them for about $1500 for only 3 seasons (Colorado seasons mind you)

So, you might say I shopped an would have bought a Palm if they still sold here...for the same price as Kokatat's "DEAL"