Old 05-01-2012   #11
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by rg5hole View Post
nice to hear you guys got hooked up.

After only 3 seasons I sent mine in and was told the fabric rip in the crotch and delamination on the thighs WAS NOT COVERED, ended up giving me a "DEAL" on a new one. Still into them for about $1500 for only 3 seasons (Colorado seasons mind you)

So, you might say I shopped an would have bought a Palm if they still sold here...for the same price as Kokatat's "DEAL"
What kind of delam on the thighs?
Edit: I'm told a big part of their lifetime warranty on the Goretex fabric, particularly with regard to delamination, is a pass-through warranty from Gore. I read on a sailing warranty where a person got their suit replaced and saw a copy of a credit card invoice to Gore for the price of their replacement suit.

I have heard of people having to pay for rip/tear type repairs.

I would NOT be happy having to pay an additional $500 (guess?) only 3 years after my $1k initial investment.

$100 in gaskets or $100-200 in repairs after 10 years, I could easily swallow.

MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #12
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
It was not a tear...well the crotch was (internal fabric), they found something wrong with the thigh, I have no idea what.

btw - try nearly $700 for their "deal"...then I come to find out, had I asked, I could have gotten the Limited Edition cordura to waist (which I would have gladly paid extra for)

I've never boated before, but I have posted a lot on Mountain Buzz!
rg5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #13
Commercial Paleontology
Kokatat Customer service

Just to reiterate...I also give Kokatat a double thumbs up in regards to their customer service.. I have their Rogue jacket & it's worth it...Thanxs to Jordan & all Kokatat folks...
MtnGuyXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #14
Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
Kokatat is unparalleled in quality and customer service for sure. Not sure if this is relevant in the case of these repairs or not but it sounds like several folks have gotten pro-form pricing for their repairs. I know a lot of grass-roots companies ask that special pricing not be shared with the masses or made public in order to protect the sanctity of the pro-deal. If everyone got a pro-deal then there would be no amazing companies such as Kokatat. I wouldn't expect special pricing for repairs but if they extend the generous offer, awesome. Just remember that they have a bottom line and have to get theirs too!

So if you get the deal, rad. If not, don't be too bummed. They still have the best product, the best repairs, and the best customer service this side of anywhere.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #15
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
I just got an email from Jordan and there was delamination in a couple of spots on my drysuit, and they're replacing the suit due to fabric delamination.

I knew about the lifetime warranty when I bought the suit 10 years ago, and it was a deciding factor, but I didn't really expect to be utilizing it. Wow!

So, has anyone made changes to their suit when getting it replaced?

Mine was a custom order with extra length in the arms and legs. I'm 6'-6", and I might actually get the replacement with less length.

MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote