Old 08-01-2011   #11
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
The 2 year warranty is on all tropos products from kokatat. The lesson: get their gore tex products which have lifetime warranties.

eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #12
Originally Posted by eklars View Post
The 2 year warranty is on all tropos products from kokatat. The lesson: get their gore tex products which have lifetime warranties.

If you want a less expensive temporary garment (good for one or a few seasons) get a non-Gore-Tex garment. If you want non-disposable dry or splashwear from Kokatat with serious longevity and a lifetime warranty get the Gore-Tex. That's not to say Tropos (or other manufacturers products) is bad - amazing quality for the price.

Kokatat cust. service has been among the best I have ever experienced. Sent in my 2-yr old drysuit this year and my 4-yr old drytop for servicing. Both were water tested - the drysuit was repaired and re-neck gasketed and is like-new again, the drytop was replaced because they 'didn't like' something they saw....and I never had a problem with it or complained at all. Great experience every time so far....

American Whitewater's website and river stewardship projects are funded by paddlers. Please join, renew, or make a donation to help us protect whitewater rivers in Colorado and nationwide.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #13
Jenks, Oklahoma
My advice is to stay away from the tropos garments if you expect any "breathability" I got the kokatat tropos dry suit a few years back and believed the advertisements on how good it was. If all you want is waterproof, it might fit your needs.

Extremely disappointed. sold the tropos at a loss and invested in a gore tex even tho cost was a lot more. Very happy with the gore tex and expect it to last me many many years of service, maybe some latex replacements but not the main garment.

unless major improvements have been made to tropos, it just does not live up to the hype, even tho kokatat makes it
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #14
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Does all of their goretex have a lifetime warranty?

I have quite an old top that eventually started leaking from too many places. I would say from use and abuse to be honest.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #15
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I sent in a gore-tex drysuit that I bought in 2002 - on pro deal - in winter of '09. Had hundreds of days of use. I was hoping to get some work done on it - their response was that the fabric was delaminating - so they asked me if I liked the color and features of my suit so they could send me a replacement that i would be stoked on - for free. I was expecting a several hundred dollar repair bill or maybe the option to buy a new suit at a discount - the free replacement was a amazing deal. It was the second time I've worked with Kokatat on a repair and both experiences have been great.

raftus is offline   Reply With Quote