Old 04-24-2015   #1
Morrison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Klingon Spray Skirt

Looking to get a 2014 immersion research klingon spray skirt and am curious if anyone has this skirt and what size would be best to fit both 90" and 98" circumference cockpits. The XL is sized for 88-94" while the XXL is sized for 94-100".

Is there any chance I can get one skirt to fit both boats? If so, is it better to size up to the XXL to make it an easier fit on the larger cockpit or go with the XL and just try to stretch it out to the larger size for a few days?

sross78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015   #2
Ft Collins, Colorado
I think you're out of luck on getting one skirt. I got a Klingon last year. Even fitted correctly, it's very tight and one of those skirts you want a friend to help put on the first few trips. I couldn't imagine trying to stretch it 4 inches beyond recommended you'd need a winch and then might not be able to get it off if you flipped.

With the Klingon you want to be sure it's properly seated all the way around the rim when you put it on since the extra flap fits somewhat tightly. I'd be very concerned about implosions with a skirt that much under recommended. Having said all that, I'm very happy with the skirt - it's exceptionally dry.

johng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015   #3
FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
I have 2 klingons. I got the second klingon because it was too difficult to put on my bigger boat. And I didn't trust it being so tight on the big boat. The skirts are not that tight on my rims and are still dry. Best skirt for me. Only oddity is that I bought the same size tunnel. One is a little loose. the other a little tight.
Great sprayskirt.
sarahkonamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015   #4
Morrison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
thanks guys,
i decided to keep my old snapdragon in service (even though its slightly leaky) and get a new snapdragon armortex for my 2nd boat.

after trying a klingon at the store, it really has little to no stretch to it but i'm sure it's bomber in the water.
sross78 is offline   Reply With Quote