Old 03-20-2014   #91
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
A little acetone on a rag will take that old sharpie off. Unless it is there for character .

Riverbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #92
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Very nice! I like the adjustability.

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #93
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I decided against building the slots. I didn't want to give up one inch of space, this box gets loaded! I did however upgrade from cardboard to wood. I had some thin wood sitting around the house, maybe 1/4" thick something. I cut it for dividers and taped them in like I used to do the cardboard. This trip we are taking the kitchen and dry food in the box. I even had a divided go perpendicular for holding up pans on their side. Now it is packed but I'll take a photo on the river.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #94
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
The Fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I took another look at my box and decided the end pieces were over kill, so I pulled those out, moved my dividers around and cut one more slot so my DO and big stew pot are in there nice and tight. Then added some shelving make small compartments. Also added a shelf over my DO so I have a flat surface to pack on above it. I feel like I haven't given up too much space for having an easy-to-organize dry box, with hopefully easy unpacking and repacking every evening and morning at camp. The shelves were made out of the scraps from the remaining thin plywood, so still at about 12 bucks. Going to habitat for humanity to snag some exterior acrylic latex paint (3 bucks for a quart) and I'm going to slap on one or two coats just for longevity in case water or oil or anything gets all over the inside of the box so the wood doesn't soak anything up and swell or get heavier and then this project is finished for good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image (11).jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	437.9 KB
ID:	7899   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (12).jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	7900  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (13).jpeg