Old 08-10-2005   #11
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
I've never bought a boat from Mark but Chad, Earl, and Heather at CKS have all been a huge help in outfitting and getting me a good deal on all of the past boats I have bought.

COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #12
No KSC, I was just recommending a nice sales person who has helped me alot. They won't screw you if you talk to someone else.

EZGSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #13
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I know I'm probably sticking my nose into folks' business here, but have you tried anything in the Jackson line? When I bought fairly recently, I'd considered the Juice 6.9 (leaks like a sieve! also, wasn't a huge fan???), but was more settled on the EZG vs/ one of the Jackson Funs.

Luckily got to paddle both one weekend, and ultimately went with the Jackson. As time has passed, I've been more & more pleased with my decision (I was pretty torn at first: it's like, other than about $300, they were comparable boats, y'know? )-- the jackson is very stable and responsive, well-suited for what I'm doing right now (mostly river running); the EZG seemed a little more edgy and "tippy" to me, but in its defense I was a) only in the boat a couple of times, and b) only a few months into things (at least on a regular basis) at the time.

I'm fairly certain CKS carries both lines though, and you could probably demo the Jackson if you had any interest (I'm unaffiliated-- just unsolicited 3rd party opinion here): and Sooner, THANKS SO MUCH for the mention of Mark! TOTALLY forgot I owed him a phone call-- so gracias!
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005   #14
over, all
Paddling Since: 1995
Ive paddled the midsize juice and own an ezg 50. In my opinion, the juice is a horrible boat. Its a poor river runner (unstable and slow) and there are better play boats. The ezg is one of the best boats Ive paddled. Its stable and fast enough to comfortably run class IV and fun for play as well. The outfitting is excellent and well, yeah...its a great boat.
brooks8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #15
EZG all the way

I have paddled both the Juice 6.9 and the EZG50 and think that the EZG kicks ass. It does great in flat water as well as down river and is an awesome playboat that is very comfortable. It is a way easier boat to paddle than the Juice.
ima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #16
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I've paddled the large Juice (6.9?) for the last 2 years and have been happy with it as a river runner. I am not that good at real playboating, but it surfs well and is reasonably fast. I am find it very comfortable to sit in and it handles big water just fine (Middle fork at 6' and Westwater) I have no doubt that the EZG may be a better play boat, but no one is standing up for the juice, so I thought I'd mention that its a perfectly viable river runner.
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #17
If your set on the EZG 42 check Confluence Kayaks to see if their demo is spoken for it is in good shape.

The Juice got a bad rap as it wasn't really a play boat and to short to be a true river runner and if you wernt use to the slicey Dagger tails it seemed tippy... you want to try tippy paddle my Super Ego!!!!
Dagger is comming out with a new boat that is more of a river player for next season watch for it....

Not a Dagger rep.......

Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote