Old 05-26-2013   #11
surrounded by mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
Originally Posted by ranamafana View Post
I just tried the small Karma, and it felt enormous, like a submarine or something, it was easy enough to roll, but I felt really small for it. Maybe I'm just not used to bigger volume boats. I've been paddling a Pyranha Inazone 222 for my downriver boat for the past 10 years on everything from the Canyon to the Piedra, etc., I get squirreled around I think, but it feels a lot more manageable. Maybe I just need to get used to the idea of that much volume, I dunno.
I know what you mean. I've been there. But, the Karma S and Villain S will only feel ideal once a lot of customizing is done and you find the sweet spot for the seat location. Again, I could help put you on the fast track instead of spending a couple of years to get dial everything like I finally did. Once you get it right those boats are such performance designs that you'd discover how the boat does the work for you instead of trying to muscle a battleship. They are phenomenal boats. That said, however, at your size, the ideal alternative is the JK Punk Rocker. It, too, is a truly incredible creek and river runner. Just not quite as state of the art as the Karma and Villain. If you are inclined that direction you might talk to my wife and I about if she would sell her's. I could then buy a Karma for her.

No risk, no reward. It is not that we have to, it is that we get to. Preparation and education are essential to self-confidence and success. - KV
"If there is no risk there is no adventure."- Bill Briggs
Ken Vanatta is offline   Reply With Quote