Old 07-11-2005   #1
Jackson Kayak Happy Seat review

Hi folks,

Let's call this a totally biased gear review, a title I borrowed from LVM. I have no affiliation with Jackson Kayak other than as a satisfied customer.

I've been using a new product called the Happy Seat recently, and I've been so impressed with it that I wanted to pass along my opinion. The Happy seat is an inflatable air bladder that sits in front of your seat and supports your legs under the hamstrings to give you a better fit in your boat. My reasons for telling you about this are:

1. It's a cheap improvement at 39 bucks
2. It fits any kayak
3. It's comfortable
4. Most important, it gives you better body to boat contact which improves (a whole lot in my opinion) your boat control.

I've always been a stickler for being tightly outfitted in my boat. Despite my attention to a tight fit, adding a Happy Seat not only increased my boat's responsiveness to my lower body movements, but it increased my comfort as well because I can get that improvement with a slightly looser foot position. I boated both days this weekend and came away thinking I'd feel naked without my Happy Seat. In fact I used it in different boats each day. On Saturday, I had one of those, I'm really feeling on my game days, and I think the Happy Seat was responsible. At any rate, You'll always see one in my boat, just don't ask to borrow it cause I won't go without unless you are a blood relative. I let my son use it last weekend and it killed me not to have it. I may make an exception for Kurt Schroeder since he loaned me a paddle recently, but that's it don't even ask

For more info:

Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #2
Yea, I know someone else who really likes the happy seat too.

The only thing with that is it makes getting out of the boat much harder, depending on how tight you have it.
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote