Old 03-19-2014   #41
Jenks, Oklahoma

Display Products

I know you are not thinking of a Jacks Paco but for what it is worth,

I ordered one of these in white with two tie down grommets on each end.

Perfect fit over the cooler or most any compartment. good for passengers to set on as well and also use it on shore as a nap pad or relaxing anywhere.

Had mine for years now and like all of Jack's pads, they are bomber construction and I will probably pass this one on.

Also nice to have on a trip if some one's air mattress starts leaking and repairs don't work.

okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #42
The Old Troll
Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I thought the 4 inch pads would be the bomb but I found that they are heavy, take up a lot of valuable space and they are a pain to roll up in the sand. They are also clammy as hell. I wanted a roll-a-cot but I like sleeping in a tent. My solution was to buy a cheap one man tent that fits on the long and wide Roll-a-Cot. This system is great! One of the benefits is that you can sit on the cot and clean off your feet before getting into the sack. Only draw back is if you like to sleep close to someone else.

Why does Pluto walk on all fours, drink from a dog bowl, and get treated like...a dog, while Goofy drives a car, wears clothing, and speaks in English?
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #43
durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1964
Ok there is a lot of good feedback about sleeping pads. I am happy to know that JPW Paco Pads are still considered to have the most comfort.

So they are a bit more expensive, and they have different valves.
They are made in the USA, and we can put a C7 valve on if you like.

We have had issues with our foam before, but because the foam is made in the USA, our suppliers listen and respond to us.

Our corner condoms have been tested by commercial outfitters for well over 10 years.

If you have an old pad without them, we will send you some corners for free, and you can use up some of your old glue before the season starts. Be sure to work on those river sandles at the same time. Aire Sotar, Maravia, JPW. Star inflatable glue all works well for this prupose.

Here is the web site that describes the fix.
paco pad corner condoms

If you want a paco pad with a C7 valve on it, give us a call We will be happy to oblige you.

The trade of seems to be a valve in the face of your pad VS a smaller valve that is on the side that does not let the air out as fast.

JPW has been doing this for 30 years now, and It does not look like we are going away. 30 years ago, rafters thought out full size pad was way too much to take.

But I think a jpw silverback 4 inch pad is a bit much. I like the 3 imch pad best because it is just a little easier to roll up. However most of the time when I am on a multi day with my big cat, I do not roll it.

Keep talking We are all listening to what you say!

jpwinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #44
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2010
JPW- is the BEST

I purchased a 3" Paco for myself in 2011 and like it so much that bought one for my wife in 2012. When we received the second pad I noticed that the foam in my pad didn't seem to loft and have the same cushion as the second pad.

This past February, I decided to try and determine what the problem was. I contacted Jack and he asked me to send my pad to them for evaluation. A couple of weeks later I received a brand new replacement Paco.

Super comfy and made in the USA by folks who take pride in their products and stand behind them.

For me the JPW Paco pad is the only way to go.

By the way, I use mine on a roll-a-cot. Better than sleeping at home.
...if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.
el-duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #45
Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1992

I have two JPW Pacos that I purchased well over 10 years ago that ares till going strong. They eventually started leaking at the folded corners, so I followed the instructions from JPW website to cut them shorter and reglue. I then used the extra material from the ends I had cut off to make my own "condoms" for the corners, seeing that was the weak link. The look kind of cheesy though, so Jack I'd like to take you up on that offer for some official condoms. I will PM you on that topic.

We also have an Aire landing pad and an NRS pad, both with the C-7 valves. I actually prefer the original JPW valve stems. They are maybe a little slower inflating/deflating, but I really like them for deflating since I can suck air out of them pretty easily to get a tighter roll.

Show me your OOOOOO face
90Duck is offline   Reply With Quote